Chapter 2

"SAPHIRA!!"

Saphira jumped and sat up with a start as she heard a loud knocking on her door, and shouting. She groaned as she recognized her mother's voice, and she took a moment to allow herself to wake up. Glancing at the time on her phone, Saphira saw she had managed to sleep another four hours. It was just after nine, and Saphira was annoyed that her mother had decided to wake her up. Though, of course, her mother did not know that Saphira would dream about the accident at times. She knew that it was a topic no one really discussed anymore. Especially as her mother and father have been able to move on from it easier than her.

"Are you awake, Saphira?!" Amanda shouted angrily, banging on the door again. "I swear, if you are still asleep..."

"I'm awake!" Saphira snapped in irritation. "What is so important that you had to bang on my door, mom? It's not that late."

Saphira flinched as the door opened abruptly, and her mother walked in angrily. Saphira sighed, looking at her mother who had dark, brown hair and hazel eyes, knowing she was about to rant her. "You are meant to be looking for work, young lady. Not sleeping the day away! I don't care that it is nine, but you promised to look for work. Now get up!"

Saphira flinched as her mother stormed towards the bed, and she scrambled out of bed. "Alright, alright! I'm out!" Her mother put her hands on her hips, glaring at her. "I'll look as soon as I get dressed and have breakfast. I'm not going to be slack, like how you are thinking right now."

Amanda huffed and turned on her heel. "As long as you go looking. Your father and I are taking Roxy out to the brand new aquarium in town." Saphira did not react, mostly because she was used to it. "I expect that you will have some news when we get back." She stopped at the door and looked back at Saphira with a glare. "Is that understood?"

Saphira just nodded and her mother walked out, slamming the door shut. Saphira sighed deeply, feeling upset about how her mother treats her. Ever since the accident, her mother's behavior towards her changed to very negative feelings. She used to blame Saphira for the accident, until her younger sister came along. And it became obvious who the golden child was almost immediately.

Her parents adored Roxy, they spoiled her rotten. Especially after her parents had received a pay out from their insurance, and her father managed to get a high paying job. While Saphira enjoyed having a room with her own bathroom and wardrobe, it was only going to be short lived. And she hated that the lifestyle was built from her brother's death. So living a high life like this felt more like a curse than actual luxury, and Saphira was looking forward to leaving, but she needed money to leave.

It was unfortunate, because Saphira and her father grew close before her sister was born. They all went through a lot after the accident. Not just the funeral for her brother, but also some surgeries and rehabilitation, and therapy, but Saphira knew that none of them have ever been the same since the accident. Her father now curses about the Fazbear Horror and Pizzeria Restaurant, especially when the ads show up on the TV.

She honestly felt invisible in her house. She had felt jealous that her younger sister got the better treatment, but Saphira guessed it could be stemming from Lucas's death too. But she was not sure. Roxy has never known about the Fazbear restaurant, and she's never been allowed in Saphira's room, because Roxy will see the items and ask about them. Saphira was okay with that. She didn't want her sister in her room, because she was a brat. She was a brat, and her parents had unfortunately created her that way.

At least my parents and sister won't be here for the day...I won't be bothered until tonight. That's a positive.

Deciding to just to do as she was told, Saphira walked over to her PC to wake up from sleep mode and log in so she could log into the job search website to scroll through. She wasn't in a hurry to go down and get breakfast, as she often avoided her parents and sister. It was easy, because the house was huge. Roxy and her parents lived on the other side of the house, which was another choice they made, and showed how much of a divide there was between her and them. It hurt when Saphira was thirteen to know this was the case, but now, she no longer minded. It made life quieter for her.