Chapter 44.

"We can start anytime, Ma'am Hazel." she heard Paula say as she opened the door to her dressing room. "All the reporters are waiting outside."

"Good."

She looked at herself in the mirror again, she smiled when she saw the scars on her face. She made sure that her scars would be visible because she wanted to get the sympathy of the people, she also invited some of her loyal fans because she knew that they would believe her no matter what she said.

Her press conference hasn't even started yet but she already knows their questions because she talked to all the reporters one by one yesterday and she's grateful that they agreed to what she wanted to happen.

She left her dressing room to go to the conference hall where her press conference will be held, she immediately saw her close friends who are reporters in different networks.

She remained standing in front of the reporters when she arrived on a small stage.

"Good evening everyone, I am Hazel Canlas and I arranged this press conference to answer all the criticism and issues about me." she said. "But before I answer all your questions, please give me a chance to explain my side first. After I announced my pregnancy two days ago, someone kidnapped me at the Valdez mansion. I was flustered when I woke up to find reporters outside the hotel where I was and said that I have a nude photos circulating on social media and other websites. I know she wants to ruin my reputation in public and of course, I have an idea who did it that's why I immediately held a press conference so that everyone would know who it was."

"Please raise your hand if you have any question to Ms. Hazel."

A lot of reporters raised their hand immediately, she pointed her friend to asked questions for her.

"Ms. Hazel, you said that you have an idea of who wants to ruin your reputation, can you tell us who you have in mind that could do that to you?"

She smiled at her friend's question, her question was direct and there was no hesitation.

"I suspected Ms. Cornelia Alcantara, she's Caleb's wife." she heard the surprise of everyone inside the hall. "Perhaps she's jealous when she finds out that I'm pregnant and Caleb is the father."

"Do you have evidence of your accusation?"

"Just look at my face." she answered. "She's the one who did this to my face, I also have many bruises and scars on different parts of my body. She is also the only person I know who wants to destroy my reputation in public."

"But why does she want to defame you in public if she is already President Caleb's wife?" asked the reporter. "Did you do something to her that made her do that thing to you?"

"They only had an arranged marriage, I heard that she loves Caleb but everyone knows that we're already in a relationship that time before they got married." she explained. "Caleb has told her that he won't be able to love her even if they are married, so maybe she hates me because of that. They stayed together for his grandmother's sake, but they divorced after two years because of me. Three years after they divorced, she came back all of a sudden and said that she wants to make my life miserable because of what happened to them."

She heard the murmuring of the reporters in front of her, there was also a hint of anger and annoyance on the faces of her loyal fans.

She smiled, everything that happens is according to her plan.

The reporters asked her a lot of questions which she answered calmly, lying through her teeth is a easy task for her. She just have to create a false or misleading impression for everyone to believed her.