Chapter 40.

Neli didn't know how she would feel, she is like a lifeless person as she stood in front of the emergency room where her husband and Grandma rushed in, she tried to calm herself, even her parents and in-laws told her to calm down, but she couldn't. She was not in the right mind at that moment, she couldn't even able to answer the nurse when she asked her about her husband's details so her in-laws took care of all paper that needs to fill-up.

Earlier while she was in the ambulance to rush her husband to the hospital, she received a call from Grandpa who was in the other ambulance together with Grandma, he apologized to her and said that their plan failed.

Their plan is to use Hazel's men, to confess all the crimes that she ordered them to do in front of all reporters. Her father, Richard was also prepared and willing to confess all the crimes that they did a long time ago. They want to catch her on the act so she can be immediately charged and imprisoned, but they never thought that she will hire more men to ensure the success of her plan to kill her and Grandma and it was too late for them to realize about that.

The four men were not carrying weapons because they surrendered it to the Valdez's bodyguards before they entered the mansion hall, so they knew that they were not the ones who shot her husband and Grandma.

They also know the relationship between Hazel and Christian because her husband ordered someone to watched every move of the two, so when they found out about Hazel's plan to kill them, they conspired with her four men. Grandma also made sure to send an invitation to Mr. Sedrick's old house because they found out that Christian was still living there, they thought that if he will bring Hazel to the mansion it would make easier for them to catch her.

But they didn't expect their plan to fail, they don't want to use violence just to get back at her because they still have laws to follow. It was easy for them to use violence especially with the state of Grandpa's work and their family, but if they did that, they would be no different from Hazel.

Because of her, Grandma and Caleb's lives were in danger. No one blamed her but she couldn't help but blame herself for what happened to them, especially to her husband. If he hadn't protected her, that thing wouldn't have happened to him. She wishes she was the one who was hit by the bullet, instead of her husband.

A few minutes later, a young doctor and nurse immediately appeared to them when the door of the emergency room opened, the doctor explained to them the results of the laboratory test of Grandma and Caleb.

She was a bit relieved to know that Grandma's condition was not critical, the doctor said to them where Grandma was hit by a bullet, one is in the lower part of her right clavicle and the other one is in the lower right side of the stomach. But the doctor made sure that no major organs and arteries were hit or damaged.

"But Mr. Caleb needs to undergo surgery to remove the bullets and repair the damaged blood vessel that is hit by the bullets."

Her knees immediately weakened causing her to sit on the floor, her father immediately approached her worriedly and help her sat on a chair. Her mother and father in-laws approached her as well and said that she needs to keep strong for her husband.

A few seconds later, the nurse handed her and Grandpa a piece of paper, it's a consent, a proof that they agreed to carry out the operation for her husband and Grandma. The young doctor explained to her the procedure, benefits and the potential risk for her husband's surgery and also said that their hospital is not responsible for whatever the result after the surgery and sounded like he doesn't care what will happen to the patient.

Is he really a doctor, why does he have to say that?

She suddenly felt annoyed, she wanted to punch the doctor who was standing in front of her but she restrained herself. She knew she had to sign the consent paper for her husband's surgery, but why did she feel annoyed on the last thing that the doctor said that they are not responsible for anything that happens after the operation, does this mean that Caleb's condition is critical or are they just not sure if the surgery will become successful?