|Chapter Nine|

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!❤️

The meeting room was filled with tension as Harry and Louis prepared to introduce Marina to the house pack. Louis had spent hours ensuring that everything was perfect, from the seating arrangements to the refreshments, but Harry seemed determined to make his life difficult.

As the pack members began to arrive, Harry stood by Marina's side, his arm around her waist. Louis watched from the sidelines, his heart hurting slightly at the sight of them together.

"Thank you all for coming," Harry began, his voice loud and commanding. "I have an announcement to make. This is Marina, and soon she will become your Luna."

There were murmurs of approval from the pack members as they greeted Marina, but Harry's attention was elsewhere. He turned to Louis, a cold glint in his eye.

"Louis, why don't you go and fetch some more refreshments?" Harry said, his tone dismissive.

Louis clenched his jaw, forcing a smile. "Of course, Alpha. Right away."

As Louis left the room, he couldn't help but feel a pang of hurt at Harry's behavior. He had worked tirelessly to ensure that the meeting went smoothly, but Harry hadn't even thanked him. Not that it was necessary.

Meanwhile, Harry turned back to Marina, giving her a small peck on the cheek. "Welcome to the pack, Marina. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine."

Louis watched from the doorway, his heart heavy with sorrow. He knew that things would never be okay between him and Harry, but he was determined to remain strong for the sake of the job he had agreed to do.

As Louis busied himself with the refreshments, he felt a presence beside him. He looked up to see Aidan offering to help.

"Can I give you a hand with those?" Aidan asked, a friendly smile on his face.

Louis nodded, grateful for the help. "That would be great, thank you."

Together, they served the refreshments to the pack members, making small talk and sharing a few laughs along the way. Louis found himself enjoying Aidan's company, his easygoing nature a welcome change from the tension that usually surrounded him.

Once the refreshments were served, Louis and Aidan stepped outside into the cool evening air. The cherry blossom tree stood tall and majestic, its delicate pink flowers fluttering in the breeze.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Aidan remarked, his eyes taking in the sight.

Louis nodded, a smile playing on his lips. "It's my favorite spot in the whole house. I come here whenever I need a moment of peace."

They stood in silence for a moment, taking in the beauty of the tree and the tranquility of the surroundings. Louis felt a sense of calm wash over him, grateful for this moment of respite from the chaos of the day.

"Thank you for helping me with the refreshments, Aidan," Louis said, breaking the silence. "I appreciate it."

Aidan smiled, his gaze warm. "It was my pleasure, Louis. Anytime you need a hand, just let me know."

As Louis and Aidan stood beneath the cherry blossom tree, Aidan chuckled to himself, prompting Louis to raise an eyebrow in curiosity.

"What's so funny?" Louis asked, a smile tugging at his lips.

Aidan grinned, shaking his head. "Oh, it's just a silly story. When I was younger, I had no idea I was an alpha. I always thought I would be just a beta."

Louis chuckled, intrigued. "How did you find out?"

Aidan's grin widened. "Well, one day, I was at a valley on the south side of the pack with some friends, and we were playing with a ball my mum had made with old clothes. I accidentally kicked the ball too hard, and it flew straight into a tree, knocking down a bird's nest."