Chapter 11: An Unlikely Pairing

Previously in Episode 10/Chapter 10, Roxy and Bloom earn the gem of self-confidence. The two girls come home to their families to celebrate the Christmas season. The second part of the Sirenix quest is about to begin, and the eight girls will be separated into four groups of two.

The Sirenix book appeared.
"Girls," it said, "you all have earned the first gem, the gem of self-confidence. You have two more to go, but be warned. You have ten days left to finish the quest. If you don't finish, you will lose your magic for good."
"We know, and we're ready," Aisha replied.
"The second part of the Sirenix quest is to find the gem of empathy. You have to work in pairs, but not with the same person. I will choose the groups based on opposite personalities and worldviews."
"I wonder who the groups are?" Musa contemplated.
"With the opposing personalities of logic and intuition, the first group is... Electra and Tecna."
"Awesome!" Electra exclaimed.
"What an unlikely pairing," Tecna pondered.
"With the opposing personalities of insensitivity and mild temper... Stella and Aisha."
This is going to be a real test, Aisha thought.
"With the opposing personalities of impulsivity and calmness... Flora and Roxy."
"This is going to be great!" Flora said excitedly.
"And with the opposing personalities of insecurity and confidence... Musa and Bloom. You must work together to earn the gem of empathy. Your first stop is where water and quintessence don't normally mix, but they live together in perfect balance. The mission is yours, Electra and Tecna." Then, the Sirenix book disappeared.
"Where water and quintessence don't normally mix, but they live together in perfect balance?" Tecna asked, typing on her computer.
"Don't overthink it, Tecna," Electra said, feeling confident in her answer. "I'm from Energy City, the place where water and quintessence live together in perfect balance. That's where we have to go."
"How can you be so sure?"
"I don't overthink things. I rely on intuition to solve problems."
"Just because you get problem solving visions doesn't mean that they're accurate."
"Girls, let's not start an argument," Flora interrupted. "This is a test of empathy. You have to see both sides of the story."
Electra calmed down. "You're right. To Energy City!"
"Where is Energy City?" Stella asked.
"It's on Andros," Aisha replied. "I live next to Electra, where her house is."
Stella used the ring of Solaria to teleport to Andros.

(Author's note: This chapter is going to be shorter than the next chapter because I wanted to introduce the groups and where the first mission is.)

In the next episode/chapter, Electra and Tecna face a challenging test. Will they learn to work together to earn the gem of empathy?