Chapter 39

The kids had all gotten to The House in time. 

Ritsu greeted them warmly, her virtual face forming a smile. "I'm happy you guys are all here!"

"Thank you so much for your hard work, Ritsu!" Kayano expressed.

"It's no problem, really, haha," Ritsu humbly replied.

"Great, so we can go now?" Nakamura asked, eager to leave.

"Not exactly," Ritsu hesitated.

"What?! We have to wait even more?" Sugino exclaimed, frustrated.

Karma glanced at his phone and noticed someone calling. He lifted his phone and showed the others, saying, "Look who it is."

"Oh my gosh," Teraseka groaned in response to seeing Karasuma's name on Karma's phone.

"Hello, kids. Group A needs to report to training as soon as possible," Karasuma's voice came through the phone.

"What? No fair, Mr. K,!" Okajima protested.

"Sir! We want to help out with the Nagisa mission too," Kanzaki interjected.

"Mr. K... seriously?" Mimura questioned.

"I guess it makes sense," Fuwa rationalized.

"How?" Sugaya pouted.

"It would be really ineffective if we were all going together," Fuwa explained, doing one of her detective poses.

"The best thing we have right now is the element of surprise," Karasuma added.

"So you are saying by splitting us in half, we would be able to get the mission done quicker?" Muramatsu sighed

"That's not really true... That one night, the night of graduation, we all made a pretty good team," Chiba pointed out quietly.

"Right, there's no denying that we can work well together," Kayano agreed.

"The less people that go, the easier it will be!" Meg chimed in.

"Yeah!" Isogai echoed her sentiment.

"You guys are all shits and giggles because you don't have to go to training..." Okajima muttered, feeling envious.

"Yeah, we care about Nagisa just as much as you do," Kanzaki affirmed.

"And staying back while you guys have to save him kind of hurts," Yada admitted.

"Well, I guess you guys are right," Maehara conceded, sheepishly rubbing his head.