Chapter 3 - Do you want to have some or not?

Huo YanXiao hadn't planned on going downstairs, but Nie AnAn had just interrupted his work and mentioned food. He actually started to feel a little hungry after she left.

He wasn't in the habit of eating late in the day, so he just planned on getting himself a glass of water.

It so happened that the water machine upstairs was out of water, so he went downstairs for the other one.

Once he walked down the stairs, he was immediately hit with the aroma of food.

It wasn't the usual pungent smell of Nie AnAn's instant noodles, but something that smelled more like home.

He felt a bit suspicious, so he took a few steps toward the dining room after he got his water.

Nie AnAn had her back to him and had no idea that he was looking at her.

From what he could see, she was sitting there enjoying her dinner as the aroma of her food filled his nose and went straight to his stomach.

She must've went out earlier to bring food home.

Huo YanXiao ignored the urge to eat and went back upstairs without saying anything.

Even after he went back to his study and sat back down, he seemed to still be able to smell the food. Even after filling himself with water, he still felt hungry!

Huo YanXiao pressed his temples in annoyance and forced himself to refocus back on his work.

Back downstairs, Nie AnAn finished her meal in bliss, cleaned, did some simple exercise to help with digestion, and went back to her bedroom.

It had been a long day for her.

Why did she come here? Would she be able to go back? Could she even? For all she knew she died along with all the passengers on that plane.

She chose to let herself rest instead of thinking of those things, maybe it would be best if she just forgot all of that and lived out this life. She let herself sink into the mattress and allowed herself to fall into the comfortable rhythm of sleep.

In the middle of the night, Huo YanXiao finally left his study, took a brisk shower, and read some news on his phone as he dried his hair.

The ads on his screen were based on his usual interests. As he scrolled down the screen, his eyes stayed fixed on one of the ads.

It was an ad for some brand of salad dressing and sauces, but the food in the pictures triggered his hunger once more.

Then, he remembered the food that Nie AnAn was eating earlier.

He started heading downstairs before he even registered what he was doing. He walked all the way to the kitchen and opened up the refrigerator.

The few dishes that Nie AnAn was eating earlier were neatly packed in the refrigerator. There were also some side dishes to accompany the food.

Huo YanXiao looked away from the refrigerator and was a little stunned, the condiments were arranged in order of height, from high to low, like grade school kids standing in a line. It was nothing like the previously messy kitchen.

His irises darkened in suspicion. He pulled out all three dishes and placed them into the microwave one by one.

Soon, they were all heated up, and their aroma filled the air once more.

He picked up his chopstick and tried a prawn first.

Its taste filled his mouth: smooth, crunchy, and tender all at the same time. Huo YanXiao was truly surprised.