ACT I - Space Wanderer. Chapter 6 - Implants.

In most workgroups, shifts started and ended at the same time, timed to coincide with the time of the day cycles. And sometimes studios work in two shifts, with the replacement of the working group, which leads to non-stop work of the department.

There are individuals who, through communication with the reporting staff, knock out a different work report card for themselves. So it turns out that, for example, studios in the second district work almost round-the-clock cycles.

The fourth district has so far avoided this fate, due to rationing and staffing of the workforce. And there are still few people on the ground who would like to work the night shift.

That's why at the end of the work cycle, when Vic, Kira and Phil were closing the shift. The general working hum also subsided. Many machines went into sleep mode, giving way to silence, occasionally interrupted by the ship's service signals.

For example, ultrasonic sonars located in each corridor emitted a barely audible hum once in a certain period of time. Which provided additional information to the ship's scanning systems. People with access to this system can also activate this scanner to display information in real time.

Leaving the work area, Phil separated himself from his colleagues, saying that he was going to visit the bar. This bar is located in a different residential complex, so after saying goodbye to the wards, he went on his way.

Approaching the residential area, colleagues witnessed a most interesting situation. Two groups of people, consisting of athletic-looking girls and boys, found out which of them was better. Vic noticed this situation and immediately realized that a ritual action was taking place here, which is popularly described as "Demotivation of the opponent before the battle." Kira, noticing this ritual, immediately retrained from a witness to a participant, and joined one group. This situation is not a surprise, because there was a chance meeting of potential champions of Sunday's basketball competition.

The type of sport that a crew member will be engaged in is usually calculated based on several factors and is mandatory for training. The factors of determination usually include information about the physiological state of an individual, his activity in society, and personal preferences.

The crew's sports activities are maintained as the crew in an up-to-date physical condition, designed to react in unforeseen situations, and a short period of adaptation upon arrival. So it is to maintain the animal essence of man, because man is one of the species of monkeys, which has a superstructure in the form of awareness.

The upcoming final game will complete both the life cycle of these two teams and mark the beginning of the future distribution of the crew to other sports areas. After all, the maximum period of mandatory visits to sports is three annual cycles.

" Apparently, you will only be able to walk once the zone lands you on the playground. " Suggested a long-haired guy standing in front of one of the groups.

"I don't think that the pressure force could have increased by orders of magnitude during the cycle. Kira, who had joined the opposite group earlier, objected to him. " And do not tell this to the leader whose team took third place last year, this is a crucial cycle, and it could have a stagnation effect on your wards. "

"Everyone else is probably subject to stagnation, since we got to the finals. " This long-haired guy was Corey Raymond, who came out of suspended animation before the start of the previous distribution. His turn to wake up was one of the last of the first sleep-wake cycle. " And the champions of the previous year could get the first place on points, automatically. Only here . . . " He quipped.

Corey joined the expedition as an outstanding polymath. On Earth, he was known as a person interested in almost all kinds of activities. And using the experience gained in solving problems.