ACT I - Space Wanderer. Chapter 4 - Inquiry.

The next day, fifteen minutes after getting up, Vic received the following notice:

"Good afternoon Vic.

You are welcomed by a law enforcement officer from the SBO department. We, like you, were thrown out of the rut by the trouble that happened to you, which occurred on the first day of the fifth month of the three hundred and sixty-third annual cycle from the moment of departure. To conduct the most correct investigation of this incident, aimed at finding vulnerabilities in the security system. I ask you to come today from 10 to 12 business hours.

Sincerely, Victoria Parker"

Vic was not surprised by this message. Having notified his colleagues, he went to the place where the SBO department was located. The department was stationed in the third head building, and shared it along with the spatial jump engine.

He had two paths he could take. The first included a path through the "innards" of the ship and a passage through the main compartments up to the third main hull. The problem on this path could be the flows of the expedition members. Or use the monorail and get to the building from the outside. Just the comlink showed that this path is already possible due to the readiness of this section of the canvas.

Vic decided to take the monorail and evaluate the results of his activities over the past seven years. Arriving at the platform of the first winged compartment, Vic noticed several groups waiting for the train.

He, too, did not go unnoticed, and, like the day before, a familiar voice called out to him.

"Vic, hi," Richter greeted him. "Where are you going?"

"Hi," Vic called out and held out his hand. "To the third building, you need to report on the incident."

"Well, I understand, by the way, I'll drop by to you today. Yesterday I came on shift, but my radio scanner does not work, I asked the guys, they said that no one took it.

"We will be glad, but where are you going?" Vic asked.

"Until the ninth wing, I go, periodically, I drive weekly reports back and forth. There, Elarion Collins himself knocked out a place for himself under the laboratory "

"But why would he accept papers over the network, and not scan them?"

"And he hasn't been in stasis for two years, he's been sitting in the top nine for the last year and he's weighed himself with reports, with my help." grinning Richter informed.

Elarion was the lead space geologist on the ship. On his shoulders was one of the fundamental duties, namely the analysis and selection of materials necessary for the capture and further exploitation of the materials encountered on the way of the ship.

After talking a little more time, the guys passed the time before the arrival of transport. After the sunset, on which they were poisoned on their way.

Outwardly, the ship could not stand out against the background of space, because the images of various kinds of transports, during interstellar flights, were replete with colors of consecration. Only in reality, if you move away from this object at least a short distance, then if it does not have consecration turned on, then you will not see it.

On board the ship, in different parts of it, there were many light sources. Light lines along the tracks of the monorail were especially visible. The light line encircling the body looked bewitching.

Vic got off at the bus stop before Richter. After passing a biometric check, he gained access to the SBO area.

The comlink indicated the direction leading him through a labyrinth built from offices equipped with transparent walls on the entrance side. Behind them, servers and testing departments could be seen, looking for and introducing new situations for activating the SBO.