REVELATIONS:

Act 1. Scene 3

[Uriel sits, holding a golden-blood-covered cloth to his right cheek, facing away from LILITH, entering Left.]

LILITH: You're back early? 

URIEL: [Jumps] Oh fuck, mom–

LILITH: [Seeing his face:] What happened?!

URIEL: No, it nothing–

LILITH: Just let me see–

URIEL: I'm fine, Mom, really.

LILITH: What happened?

URIEL: Just a group of exorcists who... didn't know their place, it's taken care of.

LILITH: Okay, as long as you are sure you're okay. Now can I see? [URIEL sighs refusing,] Sit down, Uri. [He flops onto the couch, giving the rag and his golden-blood-stained cheek to LILITH as she sits carefully beside him.]  Who did it?

URIEL: Mom–

LILITH: Who?

URIEL: You can't go do anything about it okay?

LILITH: I wouldn't, who was it?

URIEL: Lute.

LILITH: Unbelievable.

URIEL: Look, I get why you don't want to go, but, we need to do something. I know you didn't really leave in the best way but, [-come on, my face is like slipt in half. ] This blood is gonna shimmer in my turtleneck.

LILITH: [Sighs] I'm sorry you're caught in the crossfire, Uri. I didn't think he was gone, you know?

URIEL: Yeah... [With sincerity,] Mom, when are you going back?

LILITH: [Continuse cleaning the wound] Soon, I promise. I won't let you stay up here any longer.

URIEL: [Winces] Ohh, fuCK! [Through gritted teeth:] Yeah-okay, she got me good.

LILITH: [Easing him back down] So, what was Lute pissed off about again?

URIEL: Eugh, Adam. Fucker died and now Lute thinks she's above him.

LILITH: What'd she do?

URIEL: She threatened to go public, she told all of Heaven that you've been up here. It's ridiculous, if they get word to Hell Dad's going to find out.

LILITH: Charlie...

URIEL: [takes the cloth, setting it on the couch] Do you think she'll come up here again?

LILITH: I can't be sure, it's possible.

URIEL: What do you hope?

LILITH: I hope that Lute keeps her trap shut. But without Adam...they're running short of reasons not to allow Charlie to join Heaven.

[URIEL nods; blackout.]