Aditya IV

They had been in the warehouse for two days now. Priya would go outside and fetch them food, and Doctor Scarborough and Kamaljit would pour over Reyansh's hard drive, only the doctor took breaks to change Aditya's bandages and check for infection, otherwise,  Aditya and Mary were left to entertain themselves.

"I win again!" Mary exclaimed. "You're pretty crap at this aren't you? Have you ever even played tic-tac-toe before?" Mary asked.

Aditya's face burned.

"No, it is a child's game. Far too simple for me. I need a challenge to be engaged. No wonder you do so well at it. You have the mind of a child." Aditya scoffed.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean?" Mary asked, giving Aditya a dirty look.

"It means your intelligence is so low that you find joy and skill in games meant for newborns." Aditya shrugged.

Mary was going to say something, but Eric interrupted.

"Hey, quiet down over there. I can't concentrate with children yammering." The doctor called.

"You've been working on that damn thing for two days now, Doc. When the hell are you going to be done with it?" Mary asked, turning away from the pen and paper sprayed on the floor to lean back on her hands.

"It's not that simple Mary dear,Mr. Patel was one smart cookie and encrypted damn near everything, and a lot of the files I have opened are written in code. All I've been able to gather is that Mr. Patel was part of some offshoot of the United Nations, only referred to as 'the group'. Real imaginative name." Eric complained, not taking his eyes off the computer.

"That's likely a cover name, the real identity of this group is probably inside the locked files." Kamal explained.

"My father represented India in the U.N., that is all. If he did something else he would have told me." Aditya said, standing up and walking towards the working men.

Kamaljit looked up at Aditya.

Is he...sad? No. Kamal never feels anything, British military training took all the feeling from him.

Kamaljit let out a long, slow sigh.

"Lad, there is much your father didn't tell you." Kamaljit said with the grace tenor of someone at a funeral.

"My father and I weren't exactly best mates, but he wanted me to be a politician more than anything, so he never shut up about his work." Aditya scoffed, to no one in particular, perhaps the room. He stood up, angry at the silence.

"Aditya, sit down. Your father was a private man, yes he told you about working at the UN but—"

"But nothing! I know every council he's ever been on. Every initiative. Every group. Every bloody paper he signed he made me read!"Aditya blurted.

"You sure about that 'every group he was in' thing, guy? Cuz you don't seem to know too much about whatever the hell is on this hard drive." Eric cut in, not even looking up from his work.

Aditya cast a harsh look at the young doctor.

"Speak when you're spoken too, Doctor, if that's what you even are." Aditya ordered.

"Dr. Eric Scarborough, Ph.D, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, graduated year Two-Thousand and Ten. They used to send me letters asking for money all the time, it was kinda annoying. And just for fun, I got me a degree in electrical engineering, so I should be able to open these files soon enough." Eric breathed.

He wasn't even looking at Aditya.

Who does he think he is?! Insolence! And two degrees? Both in some of the most difficult subjects? This man must be a fraud!