Chapter ~ 9

"Mera naam hai Radhey Karn, aur main Guru Dronacharya ke kathan se sehmat nahi hu." (My name is Radheya Karna, and I do not agree with Guru Dronacharya's statement.) Karna spoke aloud, "Guru Drona aap Rajkumar Arjun ko vishwa ka sarwashreshtha dhanurdhar kese ghoshit kar sakte vo bhi tab jab aaj kisi bhi aur rajkumar ne ya kisi bhi aur yoddha ne apni dhanur vidya ka pradarshan hi nahi kiya." (Guru Drona, how can you declare Rajkumar Arjun as the best archer of the world even when today neither any prince nor any other warrior has demonstrated his archery.) Hearing Karna's words, everyone started to whisper in agreement with him. "Agar aap Rajkumar Arjun to sarwashreshtha maante hai to aapko koi aapatti nahi hone chahiye agar koi aur dhanurdhar aap sabke saamne apni dhanur-vidya ka pradarshan kar apni gunvatta dikhlata hai, to aaj mein Radhey Karn aap sabke samaksh apni dhanur-vidya prastut karna chata hu." (If you believe that Rajkumar Arjun is the best then you should have no problem if someone else wants to showcase their archery skills, so today I, Radheya Karna, want to showcase my archery skills in front of you all. ) Karna stated as a matter of fact and everyone agreed with him. "Ek Rajkumar ko chunauti keval dusra rajkumar ya uski pe pad ke samaan pad wala hi koi de sakta hai, to batao yuvak Karna tumhara kul, jaati aur pad kya hai? Tum konse rajya se ho? Agar tumhara pad Rajkumar Arjun ke pad samaan hai tabhi tumhari yeh chunauti sweekar ki jaa sakti hai." (A prince can only be challenged by another prince or someone who is on the similar position as him, so tell me boy what is your clan name, caste and position? Which state are you from? If your position is similar to Rajkumar Arjun's then only your challenge can be accepted.) Drona said with a bit of hesitation and protectiveness for Arjun in his voice. 

Hearing Drona's words Karna was left speechless, he did not know what to say and how to say his truth that he was no royal or prince that he was just a commoner, just a charioteer's son, so he kept his mouth shut and looked at the ground. After Karna didn't speak for a while someone said, " Yeh mere saarthi Adhiratha ka putra  hai." (He is the son of my charioteer Adhiratha.) It was none other than Bhishma who said this. "Yeh ek sut putra hai aur sut putra hokar ek rajkumar ko chunauti de rha hai. Jau putra, jao yaha se aur jaa kar apne pita ki sahayata karo unke karya mein." (He is a suta son and being a suta son, he is challenging a prince. Go son, go away from here and help your father in his work.) Drona said mocking Karna and again everyone started to whisper various things, Arjun who was standing next to Karna just stood there completely silent, not knowing what to say and watching the drama unfold before his eyes. 

But there was someone who could not stand the drama and injustice anymore and spoke up, "Hastakshep ke liye kshama chahte hai parantu humare mann mein kuch prashna hai jinka uttar ati avashyak hai, Guru Drona aap yaha sabse adhik gyaani hai aur Mahamaheem Bhishma aap sabse diggaj hai to kya aap dono mere prashno ke uttar denge?" (I apologize for interrupting but there are some questions in my mind which require answers, Guru Drona, you are the most knowledgeable here and Mahamaheem Bhishma, you are the most dignified, so will you both answer my questions?) It was Abhaya, her words rang in the arena and now everyone was silent waiting to see what was going to happen next. Bhishma and Drona looked at each other and then at Abhaya and gave her a nod, signalling her to go ahead. "Kya yaha koi yuddh ya pratiyogita chal rahi hai?" (Is there any war or competition going on here?) Abhaya asked loudly. "Nahi yeh kewal ek kala Pradarshan hai Rajkumari." (No it's just a talent show princess.) Bhishma answered with a weird expression on his face not know where Abhaya was going with that question. "To is Kala Pradarshan ke neeyamon mein kahi to likha hoga ki yeh sirf rajkumaron ke liye hai isme koi bhi dusra vyakti bhaag nahi le sakta?" (So it must be written somewhere in the rules of this talent show that it is only for princes and no other person can participate in it?) "Nahi." (No.) "To fir agar koi vyakti apni kala ka pradarshan karna chahta hai to use kyu roka jaa rha hai Mahamaheem, Guru Drona. Kya kewal is liye ki vo kshatriya nahi hai ya kewal is liye ki vo koi rajkumar nahi hai? Kya Guru Drona ka vishwas apne shishya aur apni siksha par itna kum hai ki vo kisi aur ki vidya dekh nahi sakte? Kya kewal kul aur janm ka hi mehetva hai, vyakti ke guno ka nahi?" (Then, if any person wants to showcase his talent then why is he being stopped from it Mahamaheem, Guru Drona. Is it just because he is not a Kshatriya or is it just because he is not a prince? Is Guru Drona's faith in his disciple and his teachings so weak that he cannot see anyone else's knowledge? Does only the clan and caste matter, not the qualities of the person?) Everyone was stunned after hearing what Abhaya said while Bhishma and Drona was left speechless, her words have even put Arjun in deep thought making him reconsider his attitude and pride on his knowledge, was he really insecure of his own skill that he couldn't even think of anyone else being better than him, this was the only thought that was then clouding his mind.