Chapter~2

Time is quite a weird thing, it makes a century feel like a second when one is happy and a second feel like like a century when one cannot wait for the time to pass. Abhaya was experiencing the same dilemma, it has been more than a week since she had come to Dwarka  with Subhadra but it felt like yesterday that she came here. Even though she had roamed the whole city, its every ally and lane, with Subhadra, Krishna and Dau but it still felt like she hasn't spent much time with them or with any family member for that matter. It was yesterday when Subhadra requested or rather insisted during the dinner that all of them should go for camping in the forest near the palace.

"Pitashree, Bhratashree kal hum sabko vanvihar ke liye chalna chahiye aur dekhiye na main itne samay baad Dwarka wapas aayi hu aur saath hi Abha jiji bhi yaha hai to hum sabko kuch samay saath mein vyateet karna chahiye na aur fir abhi to kitna accha vatavaran bhi hai hum sabko vanvihar ke liye jaana hi chahiye." Subhadra said trying her hardest to convince everyone to agree to her plans.

(Father, brother, all of us should go for camping in the forest tomorrow and I have returned to Dwaraka after such a long time and even Abhaya is there so we all should spend some time together and even the weather is so good, therefore we all should go for camping.)

"Theek hai Subhadre agar tum chahati ho ki hum sab vanvihaar ke liye chale to hum sab avashya chalenge parantu tumhe humse ek vaada karna hoga ki tum van mein kahin bhi akele ghumne nahi niklogi aur svayam ko kisi bhi prakaar ke sankat mein nahi daalogi." Dau said while giving Subhadra a knowing look.

(Okay Subhadra if you want that we all go for camping then we will go but you will have to promise that you will not roam in the forest all alone or will put yourself in any kind of danger.)

She then promised her brothers that she will not do anything that will put her in any kind of danger and then she took Abhaya, who was sitting there with everyone else watching the lovely bond of the siblings, with her to make arrangements for the camping trip. Subhadra was so exited for the trip that she didn't sleep at all in the night and neither let Abhaya sleep, both were up the whole night talking about anything and everything. Both of them shared a bond like no other, what started as a friendship had turned into something much more precious, Subhadra looked up to Abhaya and considered her as an elder sister that she never had and Abhaya as well considered her as her baby sister whom she loved alot and would protect her with all her might in any situation. Next morning when Mata Devki had come to check if they were ready to leave she saw both of them deep in sleep, both of them didn't realize when they had fallen asleep while talking, so then Mata Devki decided to wake them up because if left like this these two can sleep for days if not weeks. "Come on now wake up you two, the sun has come up hours ago and look at you both still deep in sleep and you Subhadra, yesterday you were so excited to go for the trip and now you only are sleeping like a log not wanting to leave your bed. Wake up girls or we will be late." Mata Devki said waking both of them up and bring them back to their senses, making them realize that they have fallen asleep last night and now were going to be late if they do not hurry.

Both of them jumped out of the bed after hearing Mata's words and rushed around the room as if electricity was running in their veins. It was a miracle in itself that both the girls managed to get ready in time though leaving the whole room in a mess, making it look like as if it has been hit by a tornado or something. Then, after everything and everyone was ready, all the family members mounted their respective chariots and began their trip. After reaching the camping spot, the tents were put up and all the arrangements were done, then after the camp was set up Dau, Kanha, Subhadra and Abhaya decided to go further into to forest to explore while the elders rested and relaxed in the camping area.

When the four of them were moving around in the forest Abhaya heard rustling of leaves followed by a sound that she had never heard before. She felt as if someone or something was calling her, she felt compelled to move towards that sound. As if her legs were moving on their own accord and she didn't even realize when she started walking towards that voice. It was as if she was in a trance that she didn't even hear the other three calling her, the only thing on her mind at that time was that she has to find the source of that sound. As she went deeper into the forest the rest three followed her, while Dau and Subhadra were worried not knowing what was happening, Kanha knew that this not a mere coincidence rather this was just the beginning of what was going to happen in the future. While Dau, Kanha and Subhadra were consumed by their own thoughts Abhaya came to an abrupt stop, what was in front of her made her question her own vision, what she saw made her think that was this creature real or has she started imagining things.