Chapter 1

Hi!!! Hope you like the next chapter...This is still kind of the introduction and I know it's so long and maybe dragging but there's a purpose for everything(:

Hope this doesn't bore you to death haha:P

Comment, suggestion, hate, love, do whatever you like. Enjoy!~

 CHAPTER 1

I grabbed my chest, gasping for air, only to find myself on my bed, back in reality. Sweat dripped down my head, as I sat on the cushy mattress, shaken from the dream. Ever since wolves invaded my dreams, I had been scared and constantly had them each night.

I checked the clock that read 2a.m. I still had a good six hours to sleep since it was summer break but I laid in my bed awake, unable to sleep for the fear of seeing the mysterious wolf that haunted my dreams. Then I remembered what day it was. My Day Before, literally the day before my 16th birthday, the biggest day of my life.

Everyone takes a mandatory test the day of their 16th birthday. No preparation would prepare me for this because no one exactly knew what would go on during the test. The government, who ran the tests, makes sure that no one knows about the testing materials. They give kids some kind of medication that takes any memory of ever taking the test. The Testers, as most kids like to call them, would call the kid up the day of their 16th birthday and they would take the test to see if they qualified.

What's so great about this school, you ask? Well it's the best school in the world and the selected students who are able to attend will bring lots of money for the town. I, like most people, live in a small town where money is scarce. So everyone's parents are always crazy for these tests wanting their kids to go for the education and the money of course.

Sadly there's always a sacrifice made to something great like this. Kids who are accepted never get to see their family and friends but they leave knowing that the town will be well off with the money.

If someone did happen to get in, they would have only a day to pack everything and say good bye to practically everyone they knew since childhood.

Once the kid goes in, they never come out. They are however allowed to visit on random occasions but I heard that they never stayed too long.

According to the stories I've heard, the kids act somewhat different. More mature. Even the delinquents that miraculously got in were somehow changed. That's why so many parents are excited to send their kids to the Academy but barely anyone makes it in. Roughly only about twenty people get in each year.

I personally didn't care if I got in, but I was curious to see what the Academy was like. Tomorrow was my sixteenth birthday and I was anxious to take this test everyone was always freaking about.

3a.m. my clock read. I groaned as I waited, thinking about the test as the hours rolled by. Finally by 6a.m. the sun's rays made its way to my window. I could see my small bedroom now. It was only small enough to fit my bed, desk, and drawers. My guitar laid on a small stand next to my bed.

I had always grown to love and experience music. My dad owned a music store down the street and had given me the guitar for my thirteenth birthday. I hazily remember picking up that guitar and claiming that it had to be mine. I couldn't remember everything so clearly and when I tried to remember too far back, I had a huge case of migraines.

My head started to pound as I tried to think what was so special about getting a guitar in the first place. There was a reason why I wanted it but I didn't remember. I sighed and grabbed a bottle of pills that sat by my desk. I swallowed it and washed it down with a water bottle from yesterday.