Chapter 11 - Executives of Loki Familia!

Torajirou Shiro's previous understanding of his Noble Art was merely to make his weapons sharper.

After witnessing the description of his magic from Falna, he realized the true nature of his power: the conceptual severance and weapon invulnerability were two distinct concepts.

Facing the 'Monster Army' comprised of Imps and Orcs, Torajirou Shiro bent down to pick up several stones from the ground.

As the monsters roared and charged, Torajirou Shiro tried infusing the stones with his magic power.

"Success! Now then..."

Aiming at the monsters, he threw the stones.

With little effort, the stones effortlessly pierced through the flesh of several monsters, leaving bloody holes before flying off into the distance.

"Indeed, it works as expected."

After finishing his experiment, he launched the remaining stones, killing the rest of the monsters.

"Is this the true ability of my Device?"

Torajirou Shiro then considered the possibility: if anything could be cut, could he destroy the world with just a stone?

But then he shook his head, dismissing the idea; discussing power in terms of concepts was mere sophistry.

Although it might be possible in the future, his current magic reserve was insufficient to achieve a feat like that.

And others also have means of restraint; equal magic power applied to themselves or their weapon could likely nullify such attacks.

'So what needs to be studied isn't how to fling stones powerfully but something conceptual.'

However, the limitation was clear: he could not understand the concepts of those things.

For example, if a sword was to be cut, Torajirou Shiro could see the transition from intact to severed state and thus understood its principle, enabling his Noble Art to cut the sword.

But something like "cutting space and time" was beyond his comprehension.

Therefore, Torajirou Shiro's ability had prerequisites: he must confirm the existence and form of what he intended to cut/sever.

With these thoughts, Torajirou Shiro collected the magic stones and returned to the surface, feeling hungry since he hadn't eaten since noon and wanted to get back quickly.

Suddenly, he heard a commotion nearby.

"Ais, how many times have I told you not to charge into a swarm of monsters by yourself every time you see one! Pay more attention to Lefiya behind you!"

A green-haired elf was scolding a golden-haired beauty in blue armor.

Based on their conversation and appearances, they seemed to be Loki Familia executives Torajirou Shiro had not met before.

"...Sorry, Riveria and Lefiya."

The person named Ais was bowing her head, apologizing to the green-haired elf and another golden yellow-haired elf.

The elf mage named Lefiya waved her hands at the side.

"It's not Ais-san's fault, it's mine for being too weak. I still can't perform parallel/concurrent chanting after all this time and needed Ais-san's rescue..."

As she spoke, Lefiya herself became dejected, her pointed elf ears drooping in depression.

"It's not Lefiya's fault."