Chapter 40: This is my life, you by my side

"You're in the bar, playing guitar. I'm trying not to let the crowd next to me"

Sitting in the corner with a cold glass in my hand, I was watching my girl sing while suddenly having the Lana Del Rey melody playing in my mind. Suddenly, I realized that this song must be the most relatable of them all for me right now. This is my life.

With nails freshly polished in dark red, I raised the glass and took a small sip without taking my eyes off Taylor. With a black sweater and guitar in her hands, she stood and played in this small room, as if she could not stand on a stage. 

Taylor looked over at me and seemed to get overwhelmed by something. She started smiling wider, she kept singing. And the words in my mind continued to be hummed.

"It's so hard sometimes with a star. When you have to share him with everybody."

Well, I have to share her with everybody. Sitting up, I leaned my head against my hand and looked at the people that also seemed mesmerized by her music, talent and choice to be here.

Her eyes glanced over to meet mine again, and while she continued singing she couldn't help but look.

"And every time you look up, I know what you're thinking of..."

A few people in the bar turned to look in my direction as well, causing me to blush and look away.

Focusing on the reflection of the room in the dark window outside, I bit the inside of my cheek.

About a half minute later, I turned around again and looked at my girl. Moving slightly to the music she had closed her eyes while still strumming the guitar.

People's eyes were locked on her again.

A woman sitting in front of her stage sat giggling slightly, while teardrops formed in her eyes and dripped down on her party dress. Happy tears. The sight caused my eyes to blur slightly as well.

Taylor's job is art in the best form, in my opinion.

"You're in the club, living it up. I'm trying not to let the crowd notice me."

In the lights, I saw my girl shine again. She had gotten better at this after releasing Midnights- acting bejeweled.

With a dark blue dress decorated with silver stars she looked up at me, despite all the eyes locked on her. She only saw me, and with a few steps she approached me and laid her hands around my shoulders.

"It's so sweet, swingin' to the beat, when I know that you're doing it all for me." My mind echoed the lyrics, and I smiled as she let one of her hands fall and took mine with the other. Spinning me around in the crowd, she made me feel like I was flying.

People were looking at me as well now, and I wasn't sure if that would cause me to nervously break down later. If I would see headlines about this the next day, or if my attempts to fade into the background to let her shine had failed.

Would Taylor like it?

"Is this okay?" She asked me quietly, only loud enough over the music that I could hear her. My breathing stopped for a few seconds, about a million little debates flashing over my mind like crystals in her earrings.

"Yes." I replied, and nodded once. "Yes!" I exclaimed, smiling. Taylor smiled widely as I swung her around just like she had done with me.

Life couldn't possibly stay like this forever, could it?

Kissing after shows, running from paparazzi, watching her play almost every night.

"This is my life, you by my side. Key lime and perfume and festivals." Lana's dazzling voice sung across my mind, watching her on stage the next night. Playing the guitar, for 92 000 people including me, moonlight lit up her hair.

"Taking our dreams, turning them to things... It's like magic, babe, isn't life wonderful?" The last words of Groupie Love sung across my mind, before I finally focused mainly on Taylor's current song.

But I would still live in my new little secretive national anthem until life turns again.