You Had Me At Hello

Hi Everyone!! This is my first story ever so im really nervous about it. I first started writing this when i was in eighth grade and going through a bit of a depression so please bear with me at the beginning. Don't worry though, it soon leaves behind it's dreary begininng and has all sorts of twists and turns. Also feed back is really appreciated. I hope you enjoy. :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Loser. Outcast. Freak. Take me away from all this pain. 'Beep! Beep!'

 "Shut up! God why did you let alarm clocks be invented…"

 I rolled over and slammed the off button. It seems like I have to deal with another day in this hell they call life. I slowly rolled out of bed as to not fall on the floor. Again. I pulled on whatever looked clean. A black tank, pair of jeans, my oversize jacket and my lucky converse. Only now I'm starting to doubt their powers. I grabbed my bag and shuffled out of the house.

 The walk to school was as usual, boring. The now common calls of loser and dork from my peers. I pulled out my head phones and turned my iPod on full blast. Avenged Sevenfold always calmed my mood. When I finally got to my locker, I saw that someone had spray painted "DIE" onto it. I laughed quietly. If only they knew. I had tried that already. Twice. Each time I was found right before I keeled over. Two stomach pumps and ten stitches on each wrist later and they still haven't learned their lesson.

 The late bell rang for first period. I was late. Again. 'I wonder what she will say this time', I thought. Moving at a snail's pace, I made it to class ten minutes late. A new personal record. I looked up just in time to see a glare come across my teachers  middle-aged face.

 "Ms Parks. Late again I see. What's the excuse today?"

 "I just didn't feel like seeing your ugly face, but since I didn't have anything else to do I said 'what the hell' and came to class."

 Everyone got really quiet. It took me a minute to realize that I had said this out loud. 'Ah shit. I'm in for it now.' I thought. Her faced turned beet red.

 "Miss Parks! To the principal's office!"

I inwardly groaned, but since I didn't have anything else to lose, I bowed and said "Of course. Anything for you queen bitch", and marched out in time to hear my classmates burst into laughter.

I slumped into one of the few chairs outside of the principal's office. Ms. Stewart, the principal's assistance, looked up at my entrance and shook her head.

 "Not again", she mumbled.

 I grinned. I’ve been in here so many times I’ve lost count. You would think she would be a bit friendlier. I drummed my fingers on the chair next to me while I waited for the principal, much to her dismay. Ten minutes later, the principal came out of his office with a boy around my age behind him.

 "I hope you enjoy your time here Mister Adkins. I- oh my Alice. What did you do this time?"

 Grinning, I waved. "Wassup Cliff? Miss me yet?" He frowned.

 "That is Principal Phillips to you young lady. Now what trouble did you get into today?"

 "Oh nothing much. Just told the truth."

 He sighed. I shrugged and said "So what's my punishment this time, 2 detentions or 3?"

 I saw confliction on his face and then a smile. That was never a good sign.

 "Tell you what, I'll let you off with a warning this time if you show Jake here around the school."

 I gave this "Jake" a once over. The standard Abercrombie and Fitch outfit. Too much gel in his hair and a dazzling smile. He'll fit in just fine here.

 "Oh hell no", I said with a grimace.

 Pretty boy's smile fell a little which pleased me to no end.

"There is no way I'm taking this pretty boy anywhere with me. Do you know what that would do to my reputation?" He gave me an incredulous look. We both knew it was completely inexistent.

 "Alice, you have two choices. You either take him on the tour or you get suspended. Your choice."

And that's how I got stuck outside the principal's office with ye old prep. Once we got down the hall, I turned and faced him.

 "Look, you know we both don't want to deal with this so your first class is straight down that hall and if you need anymore help, I'm pretty sure one of the blonde bimbos can help you. Later."

 With that I put my headphones back in and started back to class. I had the feeling I was being followed, but I just thought I was being paranoid like always. Then I felt someone's hand on my shoulder and the visions started. Jake as a kid, Jake at his 10th birthday, and lastly him looking into my eyes intensely and saying 'I love you'. I jumped away from him.

"Don't. Ever. Touch. Me. Again." I said fiercely.

"Sorry, but you had your headphones in and I couldn't get your attention," he said innocently.

 I glared at him from under my hoodie. "So? What the hell do you want? I don't have all day." He got real quiet. I sighed and began to walk away. "Wait!" he called and ran to catch up with me. He stopped right in front of me, which just so happened to be in front of my class. I felt 20 set of eyes on us. Great.

 He cleared his throat and said," We didn't get to properly introduce ourselves. My name is Jake Adkins. Nice to meet you." He stuck out his hand. I looked down at it and snorted.

 With a half hearted wave I said, "Alice Parks. Glad to NOT make your acquaintance," and walked into the classroom.

----------------------------------------------------

Well? What did you guys think? If i get positive feedback I will post more. Hoped you enjoyed the story :) Comment! Vote!