Chapter 56

Riley wasn't pleased what she had heard about Kaven last week. 

Still a little grouchy about this, she had constantly rolled her eyes and pursed her lips when the topic was about my boyfriend. Unfortunately I had to let the detail out where Anakins visions came into play and the fact that Kaven had to obey the rules - which is why I couldn't properly convince her of his innocence. 

Now the weekend was coming up and I had asked her to join us for the upcoming 2 days. She declined, saying she was busy. I didn't know with what so I assumed she just didn't want to be there. 

At the moment I wouldn't try to persuade her. Although I'd want her to spend some time with us - and by us I mean Kaven, me and Anakin, who had shown some type of reaction toward her. It seemed wrong to me to mention this right now and yes, I still hadn't told her. Being busy with my project, which was almost completed I just wanted to relax and enjoy life again. I didn't want to worry about work and there was no need to stress over that. 

"Have fun" She had said, right after the door bell rang and I had given her one last glance to change her mind and come with us. 

"Thank you, see you later", I replied stepping out of the door to greet the wolf boys. 

Kaven and Anakin were standing outside of the G-Class while Anakin was smoking. They both lifted their gaze at me when I stepped out Kaven walking right up to me grinning like a happy child on a Christmas morning. 

I squeaked when he snatched me by my waist spinning me around his axis. Even Anakins lips curled to a soft smile as he exhaled the smoke up in the air, right after he saw his brother and me acting like toddlers.

He didn't comment anything he just went to the backseat, throwing his cigarette bud away. "Come on", he said. "Before I change my mind"

"You won't even let us enjoy this, Kin", Kaven scolded him while he opened the passenger door for me. 

"Of course not", he snapped. "Who wants to see that, the fuck?"

I laughed heartily while buckling up and saw Kaven grin as he walked around the hood to get behind the steering wheel. 

"Anakin, maybe you should get yourself a date, too", I teased glancing at him. But he just looked out of the window to the left, his arm ankled against the arm rest, covering his mouth.

Amused, he shook his head and flicked Kavens ear as he got in the car. 

"Hng!...What the fuck?"

I exploded in laughter, not being able to breath. "Stop it!", I cried.

"I'm gonna throw you out on the fucking highway" Kaven started the engine and released the hand break leading the car roll backward onto the street. "You can roll your way home then"

Anakin grunted. "I want a spin and a kiss before that happens" 

I screamed in laughter. I was about to pee on this embarrassingly expensive seat now. Kaven fixated his brother through the rear view mirror. "I'm not only going to kiss you", he said and added by mouthing "But to fuck you up"

The only reaction Anakin showed was to snicker to himself. 

"I didn't know you were joining us", I stated, being happy that he was. 

"He isn't", Kaven corrected me. "He's getting dropped off at the ferry terminal"

"Going back to uni" Anakin had a grumpy voice to himself. "Kavens orders"

"Won't you have at least lunch with us?"

"No. He might start being romantic again, and this time I might literally throw up" 

This time I stared at Kaven, grinning. Not a single word left his mouth to this statement. He just shook his head, smiling. 

In the blink of an eye we had arrived at the ferry terminal and I heard Anakin pull the door handle clicking the door open. 

Instinctively I jumped out of the car rushing behind to the trunk where Kaven and Anakin were getting his luggage out. The brothers gave each other a firm hug before I stepped in and embraced Anakin like he was my own brother.

"I'm sorry for what happened, really", he suddenly mumbled. 

"It's okay. It wasn't your fault", I confirmed, patting his back when I heard Kaven sigh behind us. 

Just as I released Anakin from my hug and him grabbing his suitcase, Kaven laid his arm around me. "Take care and call Dad more often. He's worried" 

Anakin nodded, a sad expression on his face. "I will"

"And let me know when you're around again", I smiled, letting him know that he was welcome. 

At first he just blinked in acknowledgement then he smiled slightly before leaving to step on the ferry and departing a couple of minutes later. 

***

With a sudden gasp for air I came back to my senses finding myself in the dark with navy blue lights shining through the ceiling high windows, the stars glistening at the black night sky. 

"What is it?" Kaven jumped up next to me, his face contorted with a worried expression. 

He was wearing an oversized black t-shirt, his hair in a loose man bun tickling my face. The spot on the mattress where he braced himself sank in, pulling me toward him. I tried to sit up, my lungs longing for more air. 

While I calmed down he watched me skeptically but patiently. Switching on the light on the night stand he dedicated his attention back at me. 

"I don't know. I guess it was just a nightmare" I inhaled deeply before closing my eyes. 

Probably still being concerned with my sudden jump, I saw Kaven watch me from the corner of my eye. "What did you see?"

My head turned toward him and I paused. "Eyes. The red eyes of a shuck."

Kaven frowned, tapering his eyes. 

"Where is the necklace?", I asked, slightly panting. He didn't respond he just pondered. 

Then all of a sudden he got up out of bed walking around the frame toward the door. 

"Kaven?"

"I'll be right back. Stay in bed."

I dropped back onto the pillow exhaling. 

What is happening to me? Why did this nightmare feel so...real?

***

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Vote & Comment, let me know what you think! 🐺🖤

~N