Chapter 1 - Tales from the Past

The chapter opens to Star and Erelah sitting in the living room, the walls painted a soft light blue which had given the room a larger and more open feel. The windows wide, which had allowed more light to shine into the room, the sofa sat a few feet away from a large TV, the entrance to the house to the right of the door. The white curtains long and allowing less light to enter the room, a small ash wood table sat in front of the sofa with two white coasters which held up two mugs filled with streaming tea, one holding a slice of lemon, a light blue glass vase sat in the center with simple white roses that were decorated with a few catmint, boxwood and verbena plants as a way to add in some color. We see Star and Erelah laughing before one of their kids who seems to be around her early 20's comes running inside of the house while out of breath, her parents take notice of this as Erelah stands up with a worried expression evident on her face.

Erelah: Are you okay darling, are you hurt?

Star: Babe, She just ran from outside; Probably at full speed as well.

Astra: I'm f-fine, just give a m-minute.

As Astra tries and recovers her breath we can hear someone laughing as they walk inside.

???: I told you shorty, your just not quick enough to escape your older brother

Star: *Shakes his head with a smile* Memphis be nice to your sister

Memphis would smile and grab one of the tea cups off the table and sips from it.

Star would sigh and look at Erelah as if waiting for a response.

Erelah would smile softly as she gently hit the back of her son's head before her gaze moved to Astra.

Erelah : What happened Dear?

Astra : *She'd sigh and look at Erelah* Memphis took my phone while I was busy.

Memphis: You shouldn't leave your phone just laying around then pipsqueak.

Astra : I had it in my hand you jerk!

The parents of the two go to speak but another one of their children who looked similar to Memphis but with slicked back hair and is the same age as him, both in their mid 20's had spoken.

???: Brother, stop bullying our dear younger sister and start acting like an adult and not a child.

Memphis: *Looks at the figure and sighs with a playful pout on his face* You just take the fun outta everything don't you Blake?

Blake: Only when it comes to you acting like a child...Now let Astra ask mother and father what we wanted to know.

Astra gave a large grin and she looked at her parents, her eyes having a slight sparkle to them.

Astra : Mom, Dad... Could you tell us about how you guys met?

Memphis would smile and sit beside Blake.

Memphis: Yeah, you guys never told us that story.

Star would look at Erelah and smile with a hint of nostalgia.

Star: Well, where do we even begin? My love would you like to start or should I?

Erelah : Considering you'd most likely make it seem as if you didn't break certain things, I suppose I should start.

Star would chuckle and sit down on the table and nod.

Star: Well love, after you.

Erelah : Well, it was a very long time ago...

Erelah gently closed her book as she stood from her desk, walking towards the shelf which had been occupied by various novels she had been collecting over the years, her eyes scanning each title carefully as she let her finger run over each spine of the book to focus more on the titles. Suddenly we hear the sound of wood breaking before we see the table that Erelah was at just seconds ago shatter into splinters, the person would groan and stand up from the pile and crack his back before he starts talking.