Babysitting

Bees excitedly knocked at the window as happiness seemed to permeate the room. Flourishing life increased as days became longer, hotter, calmer. This is spring.

A smooth-faced 7 year old with intricing hazelnut galaxies for eyes curiously stared at my frostbit self. She smiled as freshly backed brownies wafted around their just affordable house. This is life.

Relief: That's all I could feel as the girl gently paced me down on a nearby table that was taken from the previous owner and slid towards her mother like a reptile finding its prey. This is her.

I gazed longingly as the winged animals raced across heaven, all while nebulous waves entered my eardrums. I was drenched in flakes that relentlessly enjoyed biting onto my sensitive skin that had art made up of battle scars. There wasn't really anything to do except one thing - hope. This is me.

I was broken from my mind-forged thoughts as I spotted the child skipping her way towards me with crumbs still littered on her face as her so-called mother calling from behind, reminding her to clean after herself.

One day, I was babysitting; the next day, I was being gifted to the same person I was supposed to risk my life for.

Help me please-