The Soul of Music

Making his way to his first period, Danny walked through the hallways of the school with the world around him seemingly slowed to a crawl. He didn't have to deal with the drama that the other students had, he didn't have to push his way through the hallways to get somewhere; all he had to do was walk. It was definitely a new feeling for him but it was definitely welcome as he smirked and strutted his way to a wooden door with a little plastic window stuck on the left side of it. 

Once he opened the door, the world returned to normal, and Danny walked right into the classroom. From the moment he walked in, Danny could see various instruments hung on the walls with sheets music pinned under them by thumb tacks. Drum kits fully assembled near the back end of the class and bass guitars sat on a rack near a small box-like office in the classroom.

Danny feasted his eyes on the wide range of instruments and his face lit up like a Christmas tree. Smiling from ear to ear, he took his seat in one of the many chairs in the classroom. There was only one desk for the teacher in the center of the room and a bunch of red cushioned office chairs that the students could sit in.

Once he took his seat, the young man placed his backpack on the ground, opened it up to bring out his recently finished packet, and just left it in his lap for a bit. Danny had a bit of time to kill before class actually got started so he mainly just spent the rest of his time spinning around in the office chairs, getting dizzy, while other students made their way into the classroom.

A couple of people finally made their way in, one being a guy with a shark for a head, a girl with large orange wings and another student with a mustache that seemed to reach his shoulders. None of them really said anything; they just sat in their chairs and waited with Danny.

After some time, more and more students would flood in to the point where there was only one seat left and it was right next to Danny. Nobody wanted to sit next to him, which he felt was kind of weird. ["Dang, ain't nobody wanna sit next to me this year, their loss."]

Class was going to start soon and with nobody sitting next to him, Danny was ready to just sit alone, After all, this was a class that he liked and being alone wasn't all that much of a con to him in here. But just as he thought that he was going to rock this class solo for the rest of the school year, a short-haired girl walked through the door.

She had a cold plane stare to her and looked around for a seat. Danny turned his head, hearing the door open and looked at the girl, who seemed to just stand there for a moment. The thing he noticed immediately was her attire, as she had on a blue wool hoodie that seemed to be a bit too big for her.

Another thing that caught his attention were her blue, almond-shaped eyes and shiny, light skin. He could assume that she was more of the quiet type, looking at how she had her mouth covered by the collar of her hoodie but ironically, she decided to take the last remaining seat next to Danny.

Once she took her seat, the lights in the room would dim and cut off as class began to start up. The lights would cut back only for a man with dark skin and a large afro to be standing on top of the desk in the center of the classroom. In his hands was an electric six-string guitar that didn't seem to be connected to anything.

Danny had a bright smile on his face, seeing the man, as it seemed he knew what this meant. He, along with the rest of the class, would be delightfully surprised when when the man lifted his right hand in the air, holding the sign of the horns, before strumming away at the guitar.

The sound that came out of the guitar could only be described as majestic and the students could hear the guitar screeching throughout the classroom despite it not being plugged into any speaker or power source. The dark-skinned man had his eyes completely closed as he let his fingers guide him along the guitar, He could feel the heart and soul of the instrument in his hand and he let that soul radiate throughout his technique.