Cheap Alcohol and Teenage Hormones

Alan's POV

"Are you 100% sure my hair looks ok?" Alex asked me for the 6th time in the last 5 minutes.
"I've said it once. I've said it twice. I've said it 1000 fucking times. It's fine" I said in a half angry half jokey tone.
"Oh shit. They're here" Alex gasped, peering out the window. I grabbed my phone and wallet and shoved them into the inside pocket of my suit jacket.
"Hey handsome" the door swung open and Jack swaggered in, looking extremely attractive in his navy blue suit. He placed one hand on Alex waist before leading him into a deep, passionate kiss. I stood awkwardly observing the couple until I heard my name.
"He-" my greeting was interrupted by a pair of lips. Austin's, to be specific.
"Fucking hell, Alan. I know you said you're suit was cute but damn" he bit his lip as his eyes roamed my body.
"You can thank Alex for that. He chose it" I smiled before leaning in for another kiss.

Three weeks had passed since Austin's..... Incident, and now it was the night of prom. Austin laced his fingers with mine and lead me out to the front where a white limousine was park.
"Oh my god" I squealed excitedly.
"Pictures. Pictures" our mums ordered as they ushered us in the desired positions. Austin kept a tight grip on my waist as we awkwardly smile for the photos. Jack and Alex joined us and began to playfully pose. We joined in their activity, messing around and pulling ridiculous faces at the camera.
"We should get going. We don't want to be late" Jack said, holding open the door or the limo. We said goodbye to our parents and climbed onto the plush interior of our ride.
The drive was filled with classic punk albums and immature dick jokes, which pretty much sums up what it's like to be in the presence of Jalex.

The limo pulled up outside the venue and we piled out excitedly. Austin took me by the arm and began to lead me to the door.
"Don't let them ruin tonight. Don't listen to a thing they say. Ok?" He stopped and turned to me just before we reached the entrance.
"I won't" I smiled as he brushed a few stray hairs from my eyes.
"Now let's show these bitches how to party" his face broke into a goofy grin as he dragged me inside.

The smell of cheap alcohol and teenage hormones filled my nose. But it wasn't as unpleasant as you'd think. Someone shouted Austin's name causing him to turn back to be.
"I need to talk to someone. Stay with Jack and Alex. I'll be back in a minute" he pecked my cheek softly before running off into the crowd.

Austin's POV

What the fuck did Oli want? He hadn't spoken to me since I got out of hospital. He hadn't so much as looked at me in fact. I considered ignore him, but I was in a good mood so what the hell.
"Can I help?" I asked impatiently. Oli took a deep breath, forcing himself to look me in the eye.
"I'm sorry for everything" he sighed.
Well damn, that's a first.
"I've been such a dickhead to you, to everyone. But you especially. I don't deserve to be friends with you, but I'd like it if we weren't enemy's"
I glanced over my shoulder to see Alan smiling cutely at me. On any other day, I would've probably punched the shit out of Oli. However, the mood and the atmosphere got to me and I found myself pulling him into a hug.
"Don't worry about it dude. I'm sure you have your reasons. I've learnt to put the past behind me, maybe you could do the same" I suggested hopefully.
"Are you serious?" He questioned.
"Deadly" I laughed, gently shoving his shoulder.
"Wow I- yeah" he stuttered. I chuckled at his nerves and grabbed his wrist.
"C'mon man. Let's dance" I pulled him through the crowds to the dance floor, where I found most of my friends. He looked at me disapprovingly but his face soon broke into a smile. I noticed Hannah approaching us and left Oli to work his magic.

"Mr Ashby, could I trouble you for a dance?" I kissed Alan's hand softly and faked a posh accent.
"I'd love to dance with you, Mr Carlile" he grabbed both my hands an pulled us chest to chest. There was a buzz and a click as the songs switched.
"YMCA. It had to be the YMCA" I laughed at the awful track but proceeded to dance anyway. Josh and Abbie joined us, followed by Kellin, Katelynne, Vic, Becky, Jack and Alex. Soon our whole gang was carelessly humiliating ourselves in front of our entire year. But did we give a shit? No.

I noticed Hannah's fingers entwined with Oli's and shot him a quick wink.
"Mr Ashby, I think I may have fallen, head over heels hopelessly in love with you" I breathed, pulling him as close as I could.
"It's mutual, Mr Carlile" I couldn't see his smile but I knew it was there. I could feel it. Not just on my skin but in my chest, in my heart.
"I love you so much Alan" I whispered, resting my head in his neck just as the song changed to something slower. We were now accompanied by many other couple on the dance floor which only added to the romantic atmosphere we had created.
"I love you more" he protested in a jokey, flirtatious manner.
"I highly doubt that but I'm not willing to start an argument" I giggled.
"You mean so much to me you know"
"I know. Thank you for everything"
"Thank me? I think you mean you"
"But you saved me"
"Physically yes. But mentally, we saved each other"

A/N

So yeah this is the end. I've loved writing this story and I hope you've liked reading it.
I will soon be starting a Helbarnes (I think that's what it's called I'm not sure. Anyways it's Max Helyer and Matt Barnes from ymas) and it's called The Truth Is A Terrible Thing.
So look out for that if you ship it.
I also have a Fransykes/Jalex fic about a Tsunami called tidal waves that you could check out.
Thanks guys, it's been a pleasure.
-Alice