yes OR yes

No one's pov :

Yeji too pulled out and looked at her brother with a mixture of amusement and shock.

"I don't get heebie-jeebies like you dumbling. Shoot."

Hyunjin challenged her confidence by asking with an intense gaze.

"Have you been monitoring me with the help of cameras?"

To say that Yeji was proud of her brother's observing skills would be the biggest understatement of the decade. She was more than taken aback and felt guilty for stalking her brother's actions to ensure his safety, albeit he loathed that.

"I won't be mad at you too if you answer me honestly Ji." He smiled in a reassuring manner in order to calm her spiking anxiety.

"Y-yes." She squeezed her eyes shut in embarrassment but reversed her move after feeling cold fingers intertwining with hers.

"Did you.. accidentally checked my phone one day?"

"Yes." She replied after her eyes widened in shock. She had, in contrast, underestimated the power of cat vision. The younger recalled the day when she had miraculously found Hyunjin's phone lying unlocked on the dinner table. She couldn't resist the urge to pry once the phone began to spurt countless dings. Surfing, she found an Instagram account opened and her face went paler than the snow. Her mind returned from the past, realising Hyunjin's presence.

"Are our phones connected somehow?" Another cautious deed. Albeit Hyunjin disliked being stalked, but he couldn't complain about this as Yeji, whom he trusted more than himself, loved more than anything else, had done. He didn't mind being stalked, followed, kidnapped, threatened, as long as he was ensured of Yeji's protecting intentions.

"Y-yes."

"Do Felix and Jisung update you about my behaviour every weekend?"

She gulped knowing that the embarrassing safety measures she had taken were coming out like pages flipping in succession. Due to the fact that they were distanced and no more deep conversations occurred between them, Yeji had to involve the elder's friends in order to keep a check upon his physical and mental health. Of the times she learned that her brother cried to sleep, ate minimally, overworked himself without her knowledge, deleted the pang of wrongdoing from her heart. She came to the conclusion that her way of caring, although absurd in the eyes of the society, was worth the pain he endured alone.

"Yes."

"Are you and Ryujin together?" Hyunjin smirked at his sister's instant rosy cheeks. But felt betrayed knowing that he wasn't informed about such a significant step in his sister's life.

"Yes." She sensed the feeling of faithlessness diffusing within the latter, and thus Yeji hugged him tightly, mumbling an acceptable apology.

"Did she confess you first?"

"Yes."

"One week ago?"

"Yes." Flabbergasted by the detailed knowledge he had, Yeji's mouth left a small gasp. So the mystery man was aware of everything, while the younger was dying inside from the idea of revealing her relationship to him, at the appropriate time.

The ferret withdrew a bit and asked while maintaining an eye contact. He added a ridiculing chuckle in the end.

"Do you and Ryujin... wish badly to.. adopt me as your.... own son?"

"Ho- uh yes." The tomato version of Yeji, masking embarrassment behind a sheepish grin, was more hilarious than any comic for him as he wholeheartedly enjoyed the view.