CHAPTER TWELVE--- MUTE THE SILENCE

As they proceed with the next agenda in the Swan's Estates, Arlo brings them to the living room. He wanted them to meet someone special who could help them reach their dream and goals. Arlo had never been this excited in his whole life before. If this young woman can scry anything using the mirror, he will grant her anything she desires as long as she can bring good results.

"Everyone, this is Esmeralda. You all can call her Esme, for short." Arlo introduces a young woman who looks as young as Luna to all of them. The way she looks and dresses, somewhat are a bit different from any young woman who lived in the mainland. Her long curly and wavy golden copper color looking vibrant alongside her silver eyes made her appearance look fascinating. With a petite body of 5' 6", and great light brown skin she's had a mystery yet gleeful aura around her. 

You'll feel a bit safe yet filled with curiosity at the same time while looking at her. According to Luna's observation of her, her look is more like a young witch than a normal young woman. Her way of smiling and talking looked more passionate and seductive than any normal gesture of a young woman should be. Especially her voice. Her voices seem to lull you into her like an enchanting mantra. She's indeed something else.

"Esme comes from the unknown island that, our momma had landed years ago. She came here because her grandmother wants her to learn our way of life!" Uncle Arlo said with a meaningful smile that was full of dark thoughts. "I mean the way mainlanders live in general. Esme will live here with me as our family's special guest" 

"It's a pleasure to meet with you all finally. I hope I won't be a burden to you guys as I only stayed for a while and learned good things here before I go home" Esme said with some friendly attitude that made you feel insincere within her tone.

As the introduction becomes longer and more serious, Esme finally tells them about the unknown island and its inhabitants.  Long story short the island is called Westwood Island and is located somewhere around the  Monochrome Border Sea at the western side of the far West of the West Coast from the mainland.

The sun refuses to touch the island due to some curse so every day on the island is constantly dark and nighttime. The curses were cast some years ago when someone from the mainland landed on the island. Luna's family starts murmuring amongst themselves as Esme's story is quite accurate with Nana Vanessa told.

According to Nana Vanessa's story, the island is covered in darkness after she casts away a young girl to the island as a sacrifice for the deity that protects the island. It is also the payment for Nana Vanessa past due when she exits the island with her son, thus Nana Vanessa must exchange herself and her son with other humans.

 It is also the payment for Nana Vanessa past due when she exits the island with her son, thus Nana Vanessa must exchange herself and her son with other humans

The mirror in the upstairs room had identical twins on the island. But the sizes between both are different. The big size was about eight feet and the small one only stood about five feet. The mirror can do much more than just scrying. It can tell its owner a treasure location if they ever need to. The treasure only that can be found down deep on the ocean floor like the sunken pirate ships or ships that transported gold and silver decades ago.

"The mirror can only work together. If one is covered and not showing the clear surface of the mirror, everything or anything you want or do will never work. Even for scrying a thing or person, it needed two to make it work perfectly" Esme said with a thin smile form on her lips.

"Momma always said about the precious pearl that can give longevity if someone took it. Is it even  true?" Victoria asks eagerly.  Esme only nods slowly. She speaks about herself and only certain things she can share as her words will be muted into silence if her grandmother senses something unusual change in the air or oceans.

Meanwhile, on Westwood Island, River had been avoiding Frith, the head villager after she heard the conversation between him and her grandmother a few nights earlier.  She wants to avoid the unpleasant aura between them as Firth is known to be a hardheaded man. River knew she was never being accepted as she thought she was. Even if she is the granddaughter of the elder and a healer and the oracle of the sea voyager, her existence only reminds them of the curse.

"Something happens on the mainland. Someone is trying to use the mirror! The ocean waves are violent and according to the guard at the Monochrome Borderline, they can even see clearly when the waves crush on them so violently. Let's hope Esme does not spill too much about us to the human" Hearing what her grandmother said, left River frozen on her feet for a moment.

"The air is hard to breathe and I can hear the sound of the mirror rattling in the swamp! River, you must prepare to learn, and by the time you can finally use it for good, I hope you can save us from extinction " said Nanny Roe in a heavy tone. River can see the regression on her grandmother's face. What has Esme done?

"If she left us with no chance, we can just mute her voice and silence her for as long as she refuses to return. Our race doesn't need a traitor! Even though she's a family, she can endanger all of us" Nanny Roe stomped her walking stick hard on their wooden floor as she was enraged with Esme.

 Our race doesn't need a traitor! Even though she's a family, she can endanger all of us" Nanny Roe stomped her walking stick hard on their wooden floor as she was enraged with Esme

River walks alone at the beach. The hard slap of the ocean breeze on her face and body clearly shows that something has been violated by one of them. River always wants to follow the rules even though she wants to break the curse she still needs to follow the order of the law, that has been set so as not to invite or create a new problem for them.

As Nanny Roe promised, she will start her real test and knowledge to become an oracle and healer by tomorrow night. The test is not an easy task because she had witnessed how Esme was being trained and what she had gone through to become the worthy apprentice of their grandmother before. Easy or not, hard or light the task is she will do it as sincerely as she can to prove her loyalty toward their race and Frith, their head villager. Nothing can ever change as she is and always will be the sea voyagers!

P/S; The first images are from THE USERNAME/PAGE--- liv. The second is from THE USERNAME/PAGE--- Tea & Rosemary; Witchcraft, Astrology, Tarot, & Divination / teaandrosemary.com, and the third image is from THE USERNAME/PAGE--- Sophia.