Part 1 - Soft

"Did you see that shot? Damn so neat right? "

"What do you mean, I can do it better and you've seen me do it too. Why're you so impressed with that Aussie fellow. "

"Omg Mr Gill, you're really quite something. What's with the jealousy? Am I not supposed to appreciate anyone but you?"

Ishan laughed at the face Shubman was making. He waited for the I'm not jealous rant but it never came. Instead Shubman put his hands around Ishan's shoulder and pulled him closer.

"Of course I'm jealous. You're supposed to be mine"

Ishan laughed out aloud.

"Why and how am I yours??"

Shubman simply made an of course I know best face. Ishan didn't have the heart to push him away. Ugh he was just unimaginably soft for his best friend.

They were so thick that he suspected they'd be the kind of friends to end up in jail together as against bailing one out when necessary.

They did so much stupid shit together. It's almost like their education to be an adult started with the other. They spent almost all their time together from before they turned 18 to now that they had imprinted on each other.

One would (he would, let's be real) come up with a plan to pull a prank and Shubman would be invariably roped in. He always thought Shubman joined for two reasons first being he never said no to Ishan and the second being he would hate to be the one left out when Ishan was doing something.

"Ishaaaaaan"

Ok, the boy was whining now. They were in the room now all changed huh and relaxing after a good day at the office. (Well, field)

"Tell me you like me the best"

Ishan rolled his eyes. There he goes again.

"Ishaaaaaan"

Sometimes the long whiny Ishans made him want to throw a cow at him. Like in Mulan.. not a literal cow, you imbeciles.

Shubman had jumped to his side of the bed and was now looking at him expectantly.

"I do." He replied shortly.

Shubman with his heart stopping smile had responded with an "I do"

"Does that make us husband and husband" he was asking wiggling his eyebrows like the ridiculous child he was. Ishan has really really had it with this boy.

He then proceeded to take both of Ishan's hand into his and proceeded to kiss both.

"Ideally, it would've been the lips" he says conversationally.

Ishan kept opening and closing his mouth in a fine imitation of a gold fish in a bowl. Shubman snickered and rolled around laughing.

That was it. Ishan jumped on him trying to slap some sense into the infuriating boy but they ended up rolling around, pretending to wrestle when both knew they weren't using anything close to their full strength.

When Ishan was trapped under Shubman stopped and raised one eyebrow. "You look good under me, my baby" Then waggled it like the fool he was.

Ishan flipped them around. "Well so do you... babbbbyyy" Shubman looked stupefied and it made his day. Wait no, the entire week. He laughed until he had collapsed on top of Shubman. He just lay there listening to Shubman's heartbeat that wasn't exactly calm.

He narrowed his eyes.

"Are you getting all excited baby.. why's your heart beat so erratic ?"

Shubman scoffed and pushed him from the top to the side but didn't put any distance between them. He wrapped his arm around Ishan instead.