bound (pt. 3)

i'm staring at vessel as he begins to play blood sport. He looks down at me for a solid ten seconds. he looks back up to the keyboard hes playing and sings the rest of the song. after the song ends the group does their exit and I begin my way down the hallway I came out of. I meet the boys back in the dressing room where most of the boys are already removing their shirts or chugging a bottle of water. I grab a water from the mini fridge and begin to drink it. it had to be like 90 degrees out there I don't know how the boys did it. I sigh throwing away my empty water bottle after and plopping down on the couch. I stare at vessels back where a lot of his body paint had been sweated off while he performed. I cant help with the thoughts that fill my mind. im practically drooling over him right now. I realize hes turned around once he clears his throat. I snap out of it looking away from him but not before seeing the subtle smirk on his face before. a blush finds its way to my face and I fidget with my fingers nervously. the stage manager knocks on the door before cracking it open slightly and poking his head in. "you guys might wanna hurry up a little, the next band is walking in right now." he says flashing us a small and fake smile. "right" vessel said quietly, forgetting that we barely got to perform the rest of the show this morning. The boys quickly grab their things after cooling down for a minute and we head back out to the bus.

*later that night*

Im sitting on the couch in the small living room of the tour bus scrolling on my phone while I assume all the boys are asleep. I can hear vessels phone from his room so I know he's still awake, so I assume now might be the best shot I get at talking to him alone about how he was acting today. I turn off my phone, sliding off the couch and heading over to vessels door, knocking on it gently. "come in" I hear muffled by the door. I slowly open the door peeking my head into the dark room seeing vessels phone illuminating his mask. "can I talk to you?" I ask quietly all the sudden nervous about the whole situation. I shouldn't care how he acts. But I do. "sure. what about?" he says bluntly, turning the small lamp beside him on so I could see to get to his bed. "its about today. um you just seemed mad at me for something. its okay if you were I just wanted to know why..." I say fidgeting with my fingers behind my back. "mad? why would I have been mad at you?" he asks and I can hear the crease in his eyebrows from the sound of his voice. maybe this was about last night, I think. "I don't know...was there something I did last night? I get things got pretty awkward then bu-" he leans up from his headboard and puts his palm on my forearm completely stopping my train of thought. "Y/N. last night wasn't awkward and if you thought it was, you could have left I wouldn't have taken offense. today was just...rough- I don't know." he states in a reassuring tone. I nod slowly looking away from him to think for a second about what I want to say. "if you weren't mad then why were you giving me all those looks today while I was helping IV with his paint. seems kind of like a mad thing to do." I say laughing slightly at the end trying to add a little light to the whole conversation since all the light so far was the physical light coming from the small lamp beside him. He takes his hand off my arm placing it in his lap and sighing. "IV has just been different lately. we've got in a couple arguments over childish things and he seems to be holding a grudge. He also seems to be taking a liking in you. you're all he talks about to the other guys, from what I've heard. He just doesn't deserve someone like you is all. I'm just looking out for you." he says slowly. "oh...well that's news to me." I say furrowing my eyebrows at the thought of IV liking me. Hes like a brother to me. I shake my head as if that would take the thoughts of it out of my head and wave down to vessel signaling I'm gonna leave. "im gonna go to bed now I guess. glad we talked. 'night" I say going out his door back into the living room and sitting back down on the dreaded couch. I lay down staring at the ceiling of the bus for a while just thinking of the fact that IV likes me. I realize now that vessel has pointed it out just how much time I have been spending with IV. I didn't mean to send the wrong message but I guess I failed at that. great.