Bound (vessel)

As I watch the band perform through the lense of my camera I begin to feel rain drops hitting my arm every so often. Kind of ironic since they're performing the song "rain" right now. I shoot a couple more photos before the managers of the facility come out on stage stopping the group and grabbing all of us to bring us inside. Just before I get inside it starts pouring the rain. I turn around seeing the manager explaining to the boys that we're going to have to postpone the rest of the show. "Can we not just wait until it stops raining?" I ask quietly from behind the group. "We could but that would put our employees working overtime which they were not made aware of beforehand. That would also charge you guys extra fees as well." He explains to me. I sigh shaking my head and walking off to the dressing room since my question has already been answered. As I walk into the dressing room, I wipe the rain off of the lense of my camera and put it into its own little bag. I sigh taking my jacket off throwing it to wherever. Leaving me in a black tank top and my black sweatpants. I throw myself down into the couch waiting for the rest of the guys to come in. Vessel is the first to come back. "Are we leaving today or are they gonna have us stay here and perform the rest tomorrow?" I ask quietly, aware that vessel may be a little set off about the whole situation. "Guy out there said that we could stay here for the night and perform before the earliest venue Tomorrow...is that okay with you?" Vessel says, pulling his hood down and grabbing wipes to remove the body paint that was already mostly gone due to the rain. "Yeah I guess that sounds fine. Is it okay with you? You seem a little off." I ask warily. Vessel looks up shrugging his shoulders, he's obviously going to have to be fine with it. Once he finishes removing the body paint he plops down on the couch beside me letting his head rest on the cushion behind him. As we wait in silence for the rest of the boys to come in we hear them down the hall. They're obviously in a good mood for some odd reason. They come into the room jumping with excitement, and with their voices at a level that could blow eardrums out, without the help of a microphone. Beside me vessel groans and his head falls to the side, in annoyance, but happens to land on my shoulder where he stays. Vessel has always been a physically open person, but not with me. Hell I honestly thought he hated me. "Are you sure you're fine? You're not sick or anything?" I ask turning my head, my chin brushing the top of his head slightly. "I wanted to perform the whole show. Not half, not a quarter, the whole thing. I'd expect them to be bummed out too but obviously they aren't." He says quietly, his voice slightly hoarse. "You'll be okay..." I whisper to him before laying my head gently on his in a reassuring manner.

                                 *later that night*

I'm laying on the couch of the tour bus, my eyes shut, listening to the boys in the bunks talking about their performance today and how happy they were they only had to perform half because they were already tired. I roll my eyes knowing they obviously aren't taking vessel into consideration right now. I don't even know if vessel showed him how put down he was that they only performed half. Out of the corner of the room, coming out of vessels room, I hear soft footsteps. I don't open my eyes knowing its vessel probably coming to get something to eat or drink from the fridge. I don't expect to feel something brushing hair off of my forehead. I slowly open my heavy eyelids, confused, I look directly up at vessel whose hand is hovering on the pillow next to my face. "Is everything okay? Do you want me to tell them to shut up?" I ask quietly assuming he wouldn't just be in here to look at me. "I'm fine. I'll talk to them later. I just wanted to talk to you. You seemed kind of bummed out earlier too, I just didn't have the energy to ask you about it." He says quietly, looking down at me with a contented expression. "Don't you think it's a little late?" I ask still confused. "It's only 9pm...the clouds are just making it look darker. Plus I know how late you stay up either way. This bus isn't exactly sound proof." He says letting out a slight chuckle. I laugh quietly. I sit up giving him room to sit down infront of me. "Touché. Well the whole thing bummed me out. I like watching you guys perform and I love hearing the music. I guess I was just disappointed I didn't get to see all of it." I say looking down into my lap where my fingers were fidgeting with eachother nervously. I've never been this nervous around vessel before and I know what this means. I just hate admitting things to myself. "I get that. But tomorrow I'll make your show even better. I promise."  Vessel says patting my leg but not removing his hand afterwords. "What do you mean by that?" I ask confused. "You'll see." He says smirking devilishly. I sigh, "alright then. What do you wanna do now? Watch a movie?" I ask looking up at him with a bored expression. He nods, "sounds good to me. But I'm picking." He says pointing a finger at me. I nod, knowing he's openly never liked the movies I pick. "Fine," I say handing him the remote to the tv mounted infront of the couch. He lands on a movie called 'ready player one' it's like a 3 and a half hour long movie. I know I won't last through the whole thing but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

                    *halfway through the movie*

I'm struggling to keep my eyes open. My head bobs forward every so often but I jerk it back up hoping that vessel doesn't notice. "Y'know you can go to sleep right? I don't mind." I hear his voice beside me.  I shake my head slightly pulling my knees up to my chest and wrapping my arms around them letting my chin rest on them as well. "I'm gonna finish this movie if I die trying." I say letting out a tired laugh. Vessel shakes his head beside me laughing as well. He brings his hand up and rests it around my shoulder and somehow his fingers find their way into my hair. Otherwise known as my weak spot. Immediately my eyes shut and my head falls to the side landing on his shoulder. He lets out a soft laugh as not to wake me. "Guess you died trying huh?" He asks rhetorically. After the movie ends he stands up from the couch slowly, trying his best to keep me asleep. He slowly picks me up with his arms under my legs and shoulders and brings me into his room placing me in his black, silk sheets, covering me up before heading out into the living room to sleep on the couch where I had been sleeping for the past week of tour.