prologue i

"𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐦𝐢𝐝𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐨𝐬, 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐚𝐥𝐬𝐨 𝐨𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐲."
- 𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐓𝐳𝐮

" - 𝐒𝐮𝐧 𝐓𝐳𝐮

"Aang, I'm having some serious worries here..."

Kireina's voice, tinged with worry, pierced the haze of Aang's contemplation. He cradled her hand in his, offering a soothing smile. "Relax, Rein. We're just taking a brief flight, a chance to clear our heads."

As Airbending Masters, Kireina and Aang held extraordinary talents; their revelation as the Ransu and Avatar by the Council of Elders had thrust them into a whirlwind of uncertainty. Kireina, like Aang, refused to accept her destiny as the Ransu, and couldn't fathom why the weight of the world rested on the shoulders of two teenagers.

With a nod of reluctant consent, Kireina welcomed the respite from the mounting pressure. Stepping outside, she joined Aang, where their companions awaited beneath the luminous gaze of the full moon. Kireina mounted her dragon, Ying, while Aang ascended onto Appa the Sky Bison.

The quartet departed from the Southern Air Temple, their flight accompanied by a solemn silence, each finding solace in the presence of the other. They soared through the heavens until Kireina noticed the encroaching darkness, the moonlight obscured by menacing clouds that brooded overhead.

She called out to Aang, whose carefree demeanour belied the impending danger. "Aang, perhaps it's time we returned. We've already taken quite the hiatus, and I'd hate for Gyatso to fret."

Aang nodded hastily, redirecting Appa's course. But the storm, angered by their attempt to flee, refused to relent. Towering waves rose like colossi, and the relentless wind lashed at their faces, rendering sight a futile endeavour.

Fear painted their faces as they screamed against the raging elements. A monstrous wave, a titan among seas, sought to engulf the intrepid riders and their faithful companions. With quick thinking, Kireina urged Ying onward, the dragon unleashing a torrent of fire in a desperate bid to cleave through the encroaching deluge. Yet, in the clash between water and fire, the waves proved merciless, swallowing Kireina and Aang whole into the unfathomable depths of the ocean.

Kireina sensed her consciousness waning, her grasp on Ying's reins slipping inexorably away. As she began to surrender to the embrace of unconsciousness, a torrent of unimaginable power surged through her being, her eyes ablaze with a brilliant yellow hue. Beside her, Aang mirrored this phenomenon, his Airbending tattoos pulsating with an ethereal white light amid the murky depths of the sea.

Drawing closer together, accompanied by their loyal companions, Aang brought his hands together in a decisive gesture, weaving a protective barrier of ice around them all. The frigid enclosure enveloped them in a cocoon of safety amidst the tumultuous waters.

Yet, as the intense exertion took its toll, Kireina felt the weight of exhaustion bearing down upon her. The radiant glow in her eyes dimmed, surrendering to the encroaching darkness that finally swallowed her whole.

爱在风中
𝐿𝑜𝓋𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒲𝒾𝓃𝒹