♡ || Prologue || ♡

Our story begins in an alternate version of Demon Slayer. It was still the Taisho Era, but there were no demons. Nor were there demon slayers. Our heroes live normal lives in Japan and are happy with them. Some had their own jobs while others had their own families. Everyone was happy and couldn't possibly ask for more.

At the Butterfly Estate (now known as the Butterfly Hospital), the blue butterfly doctor Aoi Kazaki was tending to one of her patients. The patient in question was Nezuko Kamado. Yesterday, she had hit her head against a rock a fell unconscious. Worried for her sake, the trio (consisting of Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira) rushed her to the Butterfly Hospital so that she could receive medical attention. She had to stay overnight, but thanks to Aoi's hard work, she woke up alright. Now Aoi was giving her one last check before letting her go.

Aoi: And...done. You're all good to go, Nezuko.

Nezuko: Thanks, Aoi!

Aoi: *Smiles, then frowns* Do be careful next time. A hard blow to the head could kill you. It's not like you have a rock-hard head like your brother.

Nezuko: *Scratches her head* Sorry about that, Aoicompanion.

Aoi: It's okay. Fortunately, you don't seem to have any brain damage. You may go now.

Nezuko: *Sweet smile* Okay!

With her new head bandages, Nezuko walked out of Aoi's office. Outside in the main room, the trio were waiting for her.

Tanjiro: Nezuko, you're back!

Nezuko: Hi!

Zenitsu: *Hugs Nezuko and starts crying* THANK HEAVENS YOU'RE OKAY!!! We were so worried.

Nezuko: *Head pats Zenitsu* There there, Zenitsu!

Aoi: The bandages wrapped around her head should help with the bleeding. She might have a permanent bruise though.

Tanjiro: That's alright! Thank you, Aoi! *Hugs her*

Aoi: *Blushes* T-Tanjiro, it's my job. You don't have to thank me.

Tanjiro: *Stops hugging her* Sorry. *Laughs awkwardly*

Nezuko: *Chuckles and shakes her head at him*

Inosuke: You scared all of us, Nezumi. *Frowns* Next time, be more careful.

Nezuko: *Frowns and stops hugging Zenitsu* I'm sorry, Inosuke. I didn't mean to make you all worry.

Inosuke: Hmm, *folds his arms and ducks his head* it's fine. Fortunately for you, I was nearby.

Tanjiro: Inosuke's right. You're okay and that's all that matters.

Nezuko: *Smiles* Thanks, you guys!

With that, the Kamaboko Squad left the Butterfly Mansion to go back home. Inosuke looked back at Nezuko(who was occupied with Zenitsu's antics) and smiled. He was genuinely worried about her and was secretly relieved that she didn't die. However, the minute Nezuko met his attention, he broke the smile and turned his attention back to the front.

Nezuko was a bit curious about why he had done that, but she smiled about it anyway.

♡To Be Continued♡