Waiting For You.♥

Have you ever wondered if the impossible was possible? If dinosaurs were still alive somewhere? If aliens really lived on Mars? I think about these things all the time. That and, I think I read too many books. My best friend, Maggie, always ragged on me for reading all the time; but she loved me anyway.

“Hey!” speak of the devil and the devil shall appear. Maggie came running down the hallway waving at me like her hand was burning.

“Uh, hey Maggie,” I smiled, waving slightly.

“Is something wrong, ‘Lex?” Maggie leaned against the locker next to mine.

“Nothing’s wrong,” I shrugged, the side of my lip curving up into a small smile.

“Alex,” she put her hands on my shoulders. “You must tell me what’s wrong with you.” she said in a serious voice.

“There’s nothing wrong with me.” I laughed, rolling my eyes.

“Okay, good. Let’s go to algebra,” she tugged on my hand; pulling me down the hallway.

“Maggie, why are you so happy?” I smiled at her smile.

“Because I just found out some great news!” she started jumping up and down.

“Okay then…” I said hesitantly and walked around her.

“Don’t you want to know what the news is?” Maggie asked, moving to keep my pace.

“Uh, sure Maggie. Go ahead, tell me.” I gave her a warm smile.

“Shape Shifter!” she whispered excitedly.

“What? You know they aren’t real Maggie,” I blinked my eyes shut for a moment, and then finally opened them.

“They are! I know they are!” she protested.

“How, Maggie?” I put my thumb and middle finger on my temples so my hand was covering my eyes.

“I’m a shape shifter!” she whispered eagerly.