Chapter 9

Anna's pov

It was a few hours into the evening when Anna suddenly jolted awake. She could sense that something bad was about to happen and she knows that whatever is about to happen will be fatal for her.
"No! I have to escape."
She packed her small backpack. She put in the little she had and her mother's photo.
"I wish you were here mom", she kissed the small photo.
As she continued with packing, her stepmother enters the house, and she starts shouting for Anna to come downstairs.
" Hey you whore, come here right now?!" Anna limped towards the living room and saw that both her parents had evil looks on their faces. She immediately knew what was about to happen.
" Ah!, there she is, our very own super women.
The one who brings vigorous men to their knees."
"G-good evening Mo-"
" Don't you dare call me your mother, you devil spawn! What did you think, huh? That we wouldn't find out what you did to your dad's best friend after seducing him, then injure him with your friends."
"N-n-no madam its nothing l-like that. H-h-he tried to mol-"
* smack!*
"Shut up! You lying whore, you know that you wanted whatever he wanted to do to you", poor Anna was confused and appalled by her stepmother's way of thinking despite her being a woman as well. Thank the lord she does not have a child, god knows what the poor soul would go through.
She didn't realize that she has zoned out while Stephanie was talking.
"Are you even paying attention, little slut?"
" It's a pity I can't hurt you, i would have taught you an excellent lesson."
" Huh, am I not going to be punished? that's very weird."
" But why?"
She doesn't delve much into her thoughts before her father says,
"Go and pack your rags you're, moving to Ireland, someone very wealthy bought you."
Anna couldn't believe what her own father was saying. She was shocked, to say the least.
"W-what?!". she says in a small . "Hurry up now! I'm sure I didn't stutter you, bitch! Anna scurried along to her tiny room. When she arrived there, she sensed a feeling of her lungs being blocked.she felt claustrophobic. The room suddenly felt too small.
"No rose, you cannot be so weak", her inner voice prompted.
" Calm down. The time has come for us to escape this hellhole so get up. We must not tolerate abuse throughout our lives."
Anna gradually calmed down. Suddenly it was like a light bulb went off in her head. She wore her favorite and only pair of sneakers in semi good condition. Quietly, she took all her life savings and threw her backpack outside. she took her phone that was a gift from Jade. I have to tell jade that im leaving.
*recording a voice note*
" Hi Jadeyy, this Anna, of course you know who I am she giggles. I just wanna let you know that I am leaving this country for good, I'm going to mama's birth land [Spain],she lied. "I will be safe there and I'll definitely lookout for you. I wish we were leaving together, but we can't."
" Please be safe, the Irish people are looking for us. I have to go now."
"I love you more than my cherry lollypops."
*Beep*
She looks around her room for a bit then jumps out., luckily her room is on the ground floor. As she jumps out, her parents realize that she’s trying to escape. They chase after her.
"STOP! YOU STUPID GIRL SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE! my stepmother shouts, falling while she was chasing me. "Ariannaa! come back here right now! "She shouts.
I just ignore her and keep limping towards the main road until I see a cab coming to a halt in front of me and I quickly get in.
"Please take me to the nearest airport." I request the cab driver. After a few minutes, she arrives at the airport. She hands a few notes to the lady driver, but the lady refuses.
"No no my dear, you will repay someday don’t worry about it."
" B-but! no no nope, there’s no room for arguments. Now run along little lady, you have a flight to catch.
"Oo-kay goodbye", she walks towards the flight booking desk.
"And little lady? "
"Yes?"
" The names Mona!"she says with a wink and drives away.

Anna walks towards the flight booking desk, and the lady behind the desk immediately greets her.

" Hello ,how may I help you today?" She asked with a smile.
"H-hi",she replied nervously.
"I-I would like to book the next flight to a place that’s very far away from here."
" Okay, the next flight is for Italy. would you like me to book is for you?" Arianna bit her lip nervously thinking "Italyyy?!"
" Yes anna Italy", her subconscious responded in her head.
" B-but I don’t know anyone there." *It’s okay anna you’ll be safe and far away from your parents."
" Oh, okay then I guess I will go there", she sighed.

"Mam! mam!", the lady at the desk called anna from her deep thoughts. "Huh! oh yes, please book me the flight to Italy."
"Lovely the flight leaves in an hour, so I hope you’re ready for an adventure", she said smiling.
"I am more than ready to leave this hellhole."
" I just hope that my parents won’t find me because if they do, I don’t know what they do to me",she thought to herself.

"" I just hope that my parents won’t find me because if they do, I don’t know what they do to me",she thought to herself