In The End Came Hope [Final]

They all looked around and saw the same ruins that Jin was staring at. There was a long road to recovery ahead.

Soldiers, the ones who were actually on the good side, ran to them immediately offering medical aide. The members didn't even realize how injured they were until the adrenaline started to subside. They were led to treatment tents that had already been set up to help anyone who needed it.

While Yoongi was getting stitches in his arm, he asked the nurse. "What happens now?"

"Everything will be alright," she said kindly. That was the only answer she had.

Some men from out of the country were standing around discussing the distress call they had received which triggered them to show up. "Any clue who called it in?" one of them asked. The other said he had no idea, but he hoped the person spoke up so they could be rewarded.

Namjoon could overhear them and didn't plan on saying anything. He didn't want to bring attention to himself. He didn't want praise, but more importantly, he didn't want the publicity of it incase someone out there had a vendetta against him calling for help.

The soldiers and scientists who were in on the experiments had been captured and were being transported to a max security prison that was on a secluded island. There was no need for any trials. The evidence of what they'd done was clear as day.

The infected people had been eradicated within the day. To their luck, the contamination hadn't spread too far throughout the country, and had mostly been contained in the city because the soldiers in charge never had time to go further with it. Everyone would still have to be cautious and alert, but no new threats had shown up.

Military officers were back at the location of the outbreak, where so many people had been held as prisoners, to collect evidence and investigate. Finding more evidence that would make sure these terrible people were locked up for life, and then the next life.

Yoongi looked at his members who were all in their own chairs having injuries treated. Thankfully, none of them were all that serious. Some bumps and cuts. Things that would all heal.

Giant bulldozers came in while people in hazmat suits started cleanup efforts. Moving dead bodies, destroying toxic waste such as all the things that had been touched with the acidic rain. Unfortunately, when it came to the torrential rain that had contaminated most things, only mother nature alone could restore that to its natural state. At the very least, clean up efforts had started.

Once everyone had been cleaned and bandaged up, the members huddled back together unsure of what to do. They had been so used to running and hiding for days, they felt like they were still supposed to be putting up a fight.

But the fight was clearly over.

A soldier told them they were free to go home. "You get to relax now," he said. He randomly patted Taehyung on the shoulder. "The war is won. It's time to go home."

Jin couldn't help but shout and throw his arms in the air. "Home! Yes! Finally! We're done! It's really done! Thank you!" Jin pulled the soldier into a hug. "Thank you so much!"

They quickly realized they had no way to get home, so some other military personnel offered to give them a lift. The members thanked them once they finally got back to their apartment.

Home. Finally.

--

It had already been two months since the war ended. 

As assumed, no more infectious outbreaks happened. It had in fact been eradicated in the battle. Many things came to light about the illegal government experiments. How the scientists unleashed this nasty virus in order to destroy humanity, how they got the soldiers involved to help try and take over the world. The members were relieved to hear that all of the people involved remained locked up for life, continuing to serve for their crimes.

The roads had been cleaned up. The buildings had been restored. There was a toxic waste dump way out past the city that people could request to have things transported to if they felt that something might still be contaminated, but most things of that nature had been cleaned up quickly as well.

The members were gathered at the kitchen table. Eating, laughing, and happy to be together.

Happy that everything had worked out, and that corruption was brought to justice. It was a long and frightening battle.

But in the end came hope.

They had won.

[The End]