Cowboy Meg

Beyoncé looked down tightening the straps on her saddle

Beyoncé looked down tightening the straps on her saddle. The air crackled beneath her, the crowd's murmurs blending with the distant sounds of cattle and horses. This was it, another day on the rodeo circuit, another chance to prove herself in the arena.

She glanced around at her fellow riders, a band of ragtag cowboys just like her. Each of the cowboys exchanged nods knowing that once they entered the circuit, they were on their own. It could be dangerous out there but that's what made it so thrilling. Beyoncé loved the Houston rodeos, and was grateful to be sat atop her best friend, Reneigh.

Her heart raced as she took her position in the chute, the powerful muscles of her horse tense beneath her. Beyoncé had been the one to tame Reneigh, and the two had developed a special bond over the years. Reneigh was always with Beyoncé at the rodeo, though this was the first time Beyoncé allowed her to compete. With a sharp crack, the gate swung open, and they burst into the arena, the cheers of the crowd fading into the background as Beyoncé focused on the task at hand.

For the next few hours, she lived and breathed the rodeo. She rode broncs and bulls, wrestled steers, and lassoed calves with a skill honed through years of practice and determination. But, amid the thrill of the competition, there was also danger lurking in every corner. She saw fellow riders thrown from their mounts, trampled by angry bulls, or dragged across the arena by wild-eyed steers. It was a harsh reminder of the risks they faced every time they entered the arena - a reminder to stay focused, stay sharp, and never let their guard down. It was the greatest test of strength and willpower, and Beyoncé lived for every moment.

As the day drew to a close and the sun dipped below the horizon, a sense of exhaustion washed over her. The good kind of exhaustion, the kind that comes from giving your all and leaving everything out on the floor. She may not have won every event, but she had given it her best, and that was all that mattered.

As she unsaddled her horse and prepared to hit the road once again, she couldn't help but feel a sense of pride in what she had done. Being a cowboy wasn't just a job or a hobby; it was a way of life, a calling that ran deep in her veins. And as long as there were arenas to ride in and crowds to cheer her on, Beyoncé would be right there in the thick of it, riding the rodeo circuit until the end of her days.

"What's his name?" She heard a woman's voice startling her. She jumped and turned to face the sound. The accent mirrored her own.

"R-Reneigh" she forced herself to answer the question, unsure why she was stuttering after such a great and exhilarating day. She was used to the questions, people loved Reneigh, but something about this stranger made her shy. "She's a girl" she added looking the taller woman in her eyes.

"I should've known. Only women really be that powerful" the woman replied with a distinct confidence that had the effect of relaxing Beyoncé. "I'm Megan " she introduced herself extending a manicured hand. Beyoncé almost swooned as their eyes met each other. She was gorgeous and tall and Beyoncé was in awe.