Comments

" What is he going to do to her?"
" Oh my God, isn't she new here? How unfortunate"
" I feel pity for her"
" She's totally dead" They murmured between themselves. They had all gathered around, wanting to see how Jayden was going to punish her for being in his way.

Yes he'd usually just go away but who knows, he gets worse everyday so perhaps he was in a bad mood and looking for someone to vent his anger on. That was what they thought, and as Jayden walked over to her, some brought out their phones taking pictures and filming.

Kayla still oblivious, bent to pick up the last paper but a hand picked it up before her. She stood and looked at the owner of the hand. She paused seeing it was Jayden. ' I'm in trouble' She thought.

As always Jayden looked heavenly as the wind blew against his hair. He stretched the paper to Kayla and she took it with shaky hands. Before she could say anything, he turned and started walking back to his bike while Kayla stood there watching him.

He got to his bike, sat on it then kicked it to start and zoomed off.
Kayla wondered if she only imagined what happened but when she looked at the people around she knew it wasn't her imagination. They looked disappointed, confused and mostly surprised.

They expected Jayden to chop off Kayla's head, not literally. Kayla finally turned and off she went to submit the papers. She couldn't join her friends for lunch anymore since she wasted too much time. She went back to her dorm.

    That night, Kayla brought out her phone and like she promised, she called her parents. She told them she was fine and they were happy to hear from her. Kayla had not eaten that evening and she happened to have skipped lunch .

After talking to her parents, she ended the call and just immediately she received a text from Stella.

" What are you not telling me?"  Was the text Stella sent and Kayla typed back.
                     " I don't understand"
Stella
     " Check the school's platform. Hurry up".

Kayla was confused and curious. She immediately went online and saw that videos and pictures of herself and Jayden earlier when he picked the paper and handed it to her had been posted in the school platform and there were a lot of comments . NEGATIVE comments to be precise.

Kayla was in shock. She started going through the comments

" Why did Mr handsome help that freshman😡"

" Has mr handsome gone soft hearted?"

" Oh my God, I wish I were her, imagine receiving a paper from such a charming man"

" Oh please... Isn't it obvious she was trying to get his attention? ☹️"

   On seeing that particular comment, Kayla was shocked and she looked at the name of the person who wrote it. It was  ( i_am_cindy ) Kayla scoffed.

" Really? Trying to get his attention? I'm trying to do the opposite here idiot" She yelled angrily even if no one was there to hear her and then continued reading the comments.

" I thought he was going to embarrass her tho, I won't lie I was disappointed"

" She's kinda pretty tho"  This comment was made by a boy.

" I think she's lucky he didn't do anything to her"

" Wait! What if there's something we don't know"

" Isn't she a freshman? I think he only spared her because she's a freshman"

" So Mr handsome is now generous? I was shocked"

" Aghh 😖 I hate her already"

" I don't think she knows who he is"

" She's corny asf"

" Miss attention seeker should be written boldly on this girl's forehead like fr"

Kayla stopped scrolling, quickly leaving the school platform. How can they just start assuming things about her. At least not everyone was completely against her. She sat down and her phone rang. It was Stella. She accepted the call and told Stella everything that happened.

Stella told her to be more careful next time. It only frightened Kayla the more when Stella spoke
" You have to be careful from now on, a lot of delusional girls will be mad and hate you just because of that. Also the dreaded four must have already taken note of you. So be careful. Keep a low profile, don't do anything else that'll drag people's attention to you okay?"

Kayla agreed. After the call, her stomach grumbled, she was mad hungry. She looked at the time and it was 9:21pm meaning she still had some time before the curfew. She couldn't bear the hunger till the next morning

She wore a hoodie, and wore shorts underneath. The hoodie's length was just covering her but and her shorts reached her mid thigh. It was dark so no one would get to see her. She stepped out as she walked in the pedestrian lane heading for the cafeteria. It was so quiet outside even though it wasn't 10 yet.

She had to hurry, the only sound she could hear was that of crickets, she was scared but she was hungry.

................

    Jayden was laid on his bed in his room as he stared at the ceiling with his hands under his head. Robin stood while Martin sat on a chair.

" Jayden, everyone is going crazy about what you did. I mean it's literally the trending topic in the school right now" Martin complained.
" So... We've always been the trending topic" Jayden replied unbothered.

" Well... Some said you've gone soft" Martin stated
" You really have nothing else to do that you had to result to reading those stupid comments?" Robin asked him and Martin turned to him.
" Robin, aren't you surprised? Why the hell did Jayden have to go back just to pick a useless piece of paper to give to a random girl" Martin pressed on the issue

Robin turned to Jayden again
" I am curious about that, what happened Jayden?" Robin asked.
Jayden finally looked at them as he sat up.
" Since when did you start questioning what I do?" He asked  authoritatively causing both Robin and Martin to bow their heads.

" Now let me remind you. You have no right to talk to me in that tune. I did what I did and I don't owe anyone an explanation" he said. Got up angrily and walked out of the room.

Robin and Martin looked at each other confused.
" What happened to him? Why did he get so mad?" Martin asked and Robin just remained quiet.

Okay lovelies.  . We're going forward. Please...... Pretty please Vote & Comment 🌺