Strange ways of destiny. One-shot. Benedict Cumberbatch fan fiction

Surprisingly warm and dry Tuesday morning.  Well, when I say morning, it’s 11:30AM. And I was already up. What the hell am I doing up at 11:30AM on Tuesday morning? Certainly not sleeping. I only have lectures since 3PM. And I usually sleep until 1PM. But not today. Today I have this feeling in my gut. That something is going to happen. Something important. I tried to shake it off, but I still could feel it.

“I should go out. Get some coffee, maybe.” I thought.

So I got out of my pajamas and dressed up as a normal human being. Thank God my mom hasn’t got hold of my wardrobe, because then it would have been filled with dresses and skirts and heels only. That’s why I was glad that my parents and I weren’t close. Sure, they bought me an apartment in central London and mostly paid all of my taxes and studies, but we weren’t that Sunday-apple-pie kind of family. Of course I loved them, but I wanted to be on my own for a while. And they got it. After all, they still had my baby sister to torture. Or maybe it looked like torture only to me considering Cressida loved pink things and dresses and shit. However, I was a little daredevil.

 So, I put on some dark blue jeans, a shirt and a hoodie, jumped into red sneakers, grabbed my leather jacket, a wallet, my phone and keys and headed out. It was sunny and I quickly regretted not bringing my sunglasses. The air was somewhat fresh, considering I was in central London, where traffic is always moving. As I was walking down the street looking for some cafeterias, I tried to figure out the source of the feeling I had for the past half an hour. Am I having an exam today? No. It’s the beginning of the semester, so I’m cool. Do I have to be somewhere? Am I seeing someone important? Am I waiting for some package? No, no, no! So what was it? I started to get angry with myself for worrying, but I usually trusted my instincts, so it was a good reason for me to be worried. Finally, I found an attractive looking little Starbucks, so I went inside. I ordered myself a Hazelnut Frappuccino and sat in a booth in the corner of the shop. Then I felt that feeling again. But it was so strong now it almost hurt. Not physically but mentally. Like something in my mind was shouting “Look at me, hey! I’m here, pay attention to me!” but again, I tried to ignore it. I looked around the shop. It was very quiet. Maybe too quiet. It was noon, so a lot of people should be on lunch breaks by now, but it seemed like time stopped. There was a couple chatting on the other side of the shop, an elderly woman next to a window near me and one man, not very far from the entrance. He looked familiar.

He was talking on his phone, and when I heard him speaking, I knew who he was. Benedict Cumberbatch. I could recognize that voice from a crowd. Shouldn’t I be screaming? No, because he’s a person, just as same as us (except hotter, more talented and etc.) and I already met him once. I asked for a picture and he was nice enough to take it with me, even thou I saw that he was in a hurry. So I figured I wouldn’t bother him and let him enjoy his day, at least for a while, until some crazy fangirls attack him. I still couldn’t get that feeling to disappear, so I started scanning outside the window. Everything looked average, the same like every day. Until I noticed a strange man. He was wearing some jeans, jacket, sunglasses and a hat. But he looked off. He was just standing in the middle of the street starring directly at the shop. And he was talking. But he wasn’t on his phone. Even if he was kind of far but I could still make it out that he was wearing a Bluetooth set. I also saw a black car just around the corner with someone sitting inside. Maybe it was a coincidence, but they looked related. But then that dude started to put something out of his bag, and I quickly recognized that it was a gun. He aimed at the shop and I quickly saw, that Benedict was the target. I don’t know why, but I wanted to protect him. Maybe because he was my idol, or just from pure humanity, I jumped off my seat and started running towards him also shouting “DOWN!

I glanced over the window and saw the dude firing. I reached Benedict and pushed him of his chair hoping the bullet wouldn’t touch him, when I suddenly heard a loud noise and felt an excruciating pain. It was chaos everywhere. I heard screaming, shouting, ambulance and police sirens. After a few moments I realized that I was lying on the ground yelping and whining as silently as I could, give the fact that I was just shot. As far as I could make it was my left shoulder. I tried to sit, but I was fast pushed down by strong arms. “Hey, hey, lay down, ambulance is coming.” Benedict was the one holding me down. “I’m fine.” I tried arguing, but I saw his face and I knew that I couldn’t win this. I just gnashed “Fine” and started breathing heavily, that way making the pain go away just a little bit. As I said, I am daredevil, so some pain was no news for me. I got my arms and legs broken, some ribs too, so shot wound was new to me, but pain is pain, you can’t do anything about it, just learn to cope with it. Either way, I lied on the floor like I was told and waited for ambulance to take me to ER. “What’s your name?” someone asked me. “Tessa. Tessa Morgan.” Then I felt a needle jab and moments later I passed out.