While New York was well protected the Valley of Peace was in a state. All citizens were terrified to come out especially at night for fear they'd be eaten by a large bird.

   Naturally some brave souls tried to fight but to no avail.

   Jindao tossed the body of his latest victim aside having devour their chi.

     "This cheetah chi is much appreciated.  I can feel my speed pick up already." 

    A Wolf warrior stepped up. "Was that enough master?"

       "Hm no but I'm saving room for certain souls here." He opened a map of the Jade Palace. You know what they say never leave friends of the dead alive. "

     At the Jade Palace

     Crane sighed as he watched Master Shifu pace in grief." Master it wasn't your fault."

      "I was responsible for her...she wasn't ready to fight him."

          "She wanted to fight to protect us, and you." Crane sat by Shifu setting tea for him. "She knew the risk besides she fought bravely. Remember how shy she was before training."

   Shifu smiled lightly. "Yes barely could speak up until we faced Temutai..."

    A rippling in the moon pool interrupted their musing .it started to glow bright gold.

      Oogway appeared , see through and hovering over the water. "Shifu no need to be so hard on yourself old friend. "

       "Master? We haven't seen you in years is everything alright?"

       "Yeah why is your cloak torn?" Crane looked him over.

   Oogway shook his head. "Not now, shifu I wanted to tell you Star is alive and well."

       "Wha- but she I saw her hit the mountain..."

      "Ha yes I can say that was quite the damage to heal. I sent her where someone will love and guard her."

   Shifu sighed relieved. "I'll miss her.."

       "You may be able to see her, Crane as well if he's willing to assist."

       Crane smiled, he'd enjoyed Star's friendship.  "You bet I would."

        "Good, we'll have others help also. That little fox is quite a student Shifu."

     Shifu smiled nodding. "Yes I'm very proud."

  Shifu let Zeng the palace goose know to tell the others the situation.  As oogway opened the portal Crane side looked at Shifu.

     "You ok?"

     "Yes its just there's so much I need to say and don't know how."

  Crane put a wing on his shoulder. "Don't worry you'll just say it when we see her."

   Oogway led them through the veil. "Heh you've matured well Master Crane my Shifu you're turning up such strong smart students."

     Shifu rubbed his head flustered as they met Leonardo and the Ancient one.  Leonardo bowed.

    "Master Shifu it's an honor. Star told us everything about you. And she mentioned Master Crane too."

   Both bowed.

     "A pleasure gentleman. I assume there's a plan?"

     "There is yes but the first bit is a tad dangerous. "  Oogway held a spirit lantern. "We must lure Jindao to us."

     Shifus ears pinned to his head with a vengeful tone. "Consider it done."

   Leo looked from him to Ancient one who held a hand saying just wait.

     This will be a interesting clash for sure. Kung-fu meets ninjutsu? Come on where else would you get this.