Chapter 2 : I Proposed

Chapter 2 : Proposed

After ensuring Ace had gone through a thorough routine of showering, changing into fresh clothes, eating, and finally settling into a calmer state, you took the extra step to ensure his comfort.

Draping a blanket over him, you allowed him to rest on your couch, demonstrating your knack for making your brother feel at ease enough to sleep in any setting.

You had already communicated with Law, instructing him to enlist Dr. Kureha and Dr. Crocus for Thatch's surgery, emphasizing the importance of keeping the operation discreet and preventing any information from leaking to the police or the media.

"Are you sure? You realize this is going to be quite the hassle, right Y/N-ya? Why go through all this for someone affiliated with Whitebeard?" Law questioned, his eyebrows arching in skepticism upon receiving your instructions.

In a tender gesture, you carefully lifted Ace's head from your lap, substituting it with a pillow for his comfort.

Approaching Law with a steady gaze, you responded with unwavering determination.

"I'm sorry, Law. But did it sound like I fucking stuttered?"

Your words left no room for doubt about your intentions.

Your glare hardening.

Law, momentarily taken aback, was the first to avert his gaze, conceding with a sigh, "Alright, alright. No need to get defensive. Just remember you owe me a meal after I'm done sorting out this situation."

With Law's departure from your office, you turned your attention to Sora, preparing to step out for a bit.

"Sora, I'm going out. Can you ensure that Ace remains here and look after him in my absence? Call me as soon as the surgery for Thatch is completed."

"Dr. Y/N...You know I would do anything for you and your family. So, there's no need to even ask," Sora replied, her smile conveying a mix of loyalty and reassurance.

Expressing your gratitude, you thanked her before heading out to catch a much-needed nap at your preferred spot, secure in the knowledge that Ace was in capable hands and that the necessary arrangements for Thatch's care were in motion.

Arriving at the hospital's garden, you made your way to your favorite tree, a spot you've come to associate with tranquility and a brief escape from the demands of your profession.

With practiced ease, you ascended to the top of a sturdy branch, granting yourself a panoramic view of the horizon.

The sight before you, where the vast ocean met the sky, was breathtaking, and you instinctively wished to capture the moment.

A flicker of annoyance crossed your mind as you realized your camera remained tucked in your doctor's coat, inadvertently left behind in your haste.

"Ah well," you mused to yourself, a slight shrug dismissing the momentary regret.

Trust in Sora and Law's competence to manage any arising issues allowed you to let go of any lingering concerns.

After all, you reasoned, it wouldn't spell disaster if you were momentarily unreachable.

Finding a comfortable position on the branch, you surrendered to the serenity of your surroundings.

The gentle lull of the sea breeze against your skin and the rhythmic sounds of nature coaxed you into a peaceful slumber.

Basking in the warmth of the sun's rays, the serene environment provided a perfect backdrop for introspection, guiding your thoughts towards a deeply cherished memory from your childhood.