Chapter 17~

RYAN

The shrill voice of the ladies coming out of the walkway leading to the bathroom pierced the silence in my head, making me wonder why ladies overreact to little situations.

It took me a few moments to realize that she wasn’t in there.

“Where the hell did she run off to?” I asked looking so confused and bothered.

I turned on the screen of my phone as I dialed her number, but then I couldn’t get to her either.

“Did she bail on me?” I asked surprised at her sudden action.

The music in the background echoed through the hallway leading out to the entrance as I ran my hands through my hair wondering why she left.

“Common common!” I said feeling so worried wondering why she had left without a word to me.

I felt angry,  looking around as though hoping Sarah might just appear but unfortunately, she was nowhere to be found.

The ladies hurriedly ushered in other girls as they staggered their way down the hallway giggling to themselves.

“Hey handsome,” One of the ladies walked up to me pulling me closer to her.

“Get your hands off me!!” I yelled, suddenly irritated by her drunk look as I walked away angrily to the main door.

I staggered on my way out feeling a bit dizzy from the few shots I had taken waiting on her, twiddling the knobs back and forth. And then I had my hands tucked in my pocket searching for the key to my car.

I started the engine of my car and then drove off in my drunken state back to the house.

It was raining, hitting the hood of my car and splattering on the windscreen as I could see that the stars were hidden behind the heavy clouds.

On getting to the house I realized the gates were locked and unfortunately, they had me locked out in the middle of the night

“Fuck!!” I muttered to myself holding my hands up to my face still bothered over the fact that she left me in the club without a word to me.

I parked by the entrance of the gate climbing over the fence as I jumped in. I staggered my way through the stairs leading to my bedroom and off to bed I went.

I dozed off the second I lay in bed.

**********************************

The beeping sound of the alarm next to my bed erupted in the air m, causing me to jolt from my sleep.

I looked over to the floor and realized I had my clothes removed even with dizzy eyes from the club. My eyes narrowed down to the clock and just then I noticed that I was running extremely late for school.

I hiked up from the bed and ran into the shower and in no time I was all set for the day. I stared at my phone screen and realized she hadn’t responded to any of my texts from her. Not even a hi.

I felt hurt seeing that she bailed on me last night and even up until now not even a text. I started the engine of my car in anger headed for school hoping I’d get to see her there and then I could talk to her properly about why she left me in the club.

“Ryan!!” Tom called out to me from his car, waving in my direction.

I quickly joined him in his car with my hands tucked in my coat, I didn't even know I had a frown on as I approached him still thinking about her.

“What's wrong Man?!” He asked, looking straight into my eyes like he noticed.

“It's nothing, I’m fine!” I said with a forced smile as we both headed for class at the sound of the morning bells.