Chapter 1 - Angelic Blood -

It was done.
The battle for survival, the rebuilding of Charlie's Hotel ... Everything was finally in place. Yet there was one thing Lucifer didn't really seem to like; the presence of the radio demon, Alastor.
When the battle was over and there was no trace of the demon for a moment he had thought, perhaps naively, that the creature had died to truly protect the hotel and Charlie's dream; but that thought died almost immediately when he saw it appear again as if nothing had happened.
It bothered him that Charlie had more faith in that red deer with the creepy smile and strange voice than in him... he was still his father after all, wasn't he?
Lucifer wasn't even blind to the fact that Alastor loved that situation. He could see it from the irreverent way he looked at him and addressed his person.
Her hands went to ruffle his blond hair, tousling it and making him relax by leaning his back against his office chair in the right tower of the Hazbin Hotel.
The Morningstar family portrait hung on the opposite wall. They were all smiling, happy, and although Lucifer smiled as he looked at it, it was a sad smile full of regret and melancholy.
His gaze fell on his wedding ring.

"I wish you were here... You would know what to say and do now," he murmured to the emptiness of his quarters.
He got up to walk down to the lobby where the bar was.
It was not something he approved of, but he was now part of the establishment and had decided to accept it and while he was there, why not take the opportunity to have a drink on evenings like that.
Something, however, caught his attention and it came from none other than the radio tower on the opposite side.
There was a strange flicker of red and green lights.
"Meh... Not my concern."

He headed towards the door before pausing halfway and releasing a deep sigh of resignation; Charlie cared, he had to at least make an effort to make things work if they were to succeed in his dream.
In a second he transmuted into a small swallow and went out the window. He just wanted to control the situation, he mentally told himself, no one would know he was there.
No facts, no harm done.
He reached the windows of the radio tower and placed himself at a distance, without running the risk of being perceived by the demon.
Alastor was crouched on the ground, his hands clasped at chest level from which he could see an open and very painful wound. From it he could perceive, albeit faintly, Adam's angelic power.
"So the blunderer was almost killed by Adam? Ah!"

There was a certain satisfaction in seeing his smiling face, even at a moment like this, writhing in pain at having tried to do something beyond his actual abilities.

Lucifer considered himself satisfied with the situation, but above all, it was not his problem if that demon was sick and certainly had not asked for his help.

He was about to turn away when he heard a horrible sound coming from the demon, a static noise and arcane symbols enveloped the air before a series of tentacles broke through some of the tower's glass windows.
He barely had time to avoid them before realising that the radio demon's powers were spiralling out of control.

'Damn,' he thought annoyed as he approached a broken window giving the tentacles time to retreat. "If he died now, Charlie would never forgive me."

Once inside the broadcast room, keeping some distance from Alastor so that he had time to recover, he reassumed his humanoid form.
"So... this is how you spend your time?"
The demon bent his neck towards him in a creaking sound, the ever-present smile as he stood up as if nothing had happened.
"Your Majesty, had I known that your hobbies included voyeurism I would have pointed you in the right direction. I believe there is a corner of the Pentacle dedicated solely to such activities."
"Ha! Nice one, asshole, but it seems to me that of the two, you're the one worse off."
Alastor did not reply.

He merely looked at Lucifer and smiled, his hands crossed behind his back as he used every ounce of strength to cleverly conceal his pain and how much that wound pained him.
If he could have resurrected Adam, he would have killed him himself.

"I don't know what you're talking about, Your Highness, everything is going great here as always."
Lucifer barely squinted his eyes sceptically as he surveyed the tower, reduced to a mess of broken glass and damaged equipment, but especially the staff he had always seen him with broken in half resting on the table far away

"Alastor.... If it was up to me alone I'd leave you here to rot, honestly, but I made a promise to Charlie."
The demon seemed quite confused by what Lucifer meant, or implied by his words.
He certainly didn't need his help.
"I know you like deals so let's make a deal."