4

Vaisali's pov:

I took a train from bapatla to guntur city,thats where we live in,
it's been more thana decade since we left our peaceful life in East Godavari.

I could have taken the bus home
which would have been more comfortable but I preferred train cause I have only thousand rupees in my worn out backpack. I can go home on bus with hundred rupees but I know what's awaiting for me at home, by the way this train journey is quickest one in comparison to the bus journey, I can feel the weight off my shoulders looking at various middle class people around me.

As you already know indian trains are damn risky.It's not just annoying to travel with many people with same mentality, the uncomfort reeks in bhogis, metal screeches loudly beneath you, cleanliness is queer to the inside environment yet I picked this transport cause I am almost broke, silence and comfort gives me panic attack, I need physical stress right now not be a victim of my own bad mental thoughts.

My mom called few minutes back to know till how long for the train to stop in guntur railway station, her voice had my throat Clutch in a tight grip, whenever I see my mom in a helpless situation I feel useless, incapable and not worth living on this planet.

My brother came on our father's two wheeler to pick me up from the railway station, it's getting dark. Sun's shine dimmed and moon is waiting to rule the sky again after leaving this dawn hours back, are they challenging each other by coming around the same time every day? But only for one to stay and other to leave.

"Actually it's all mom's....... "

"I don't wanna hear anything from you vishal, you never try to make things correct instead you add fuel to the fire and bring unnecessary shit home"
I got on the bike and the fifteen minutes journey to our home has started, I am in my own thoughts. I don't know what's awaiting for me back at home but I am sure there's a lot to solve and dissolve. My parents has been a trauma to me, they often fight and every time I have to run from hostel to settle things, I had to leave lot of things behind, I had to miss many classes, I had to be awake at nights to make sure the fight has dissolved. What kinda family? At this point I am seriously fed up with my own blood people, why can't they understand one thing? Why can't we be happy? Does every house has a bad story like ours?

I stand before our apartment elevator with my back pack on, i have to run on stairs to reach my house but I am scared literally shit scared, I am buying time like this only not to cry or become irrational when I am with my family members.

The metalic thud of the elevator pulled me out of my confidence that I am holding firmly with the sharp stare, sweaty hands and trembling throat.
"Let's go"

"Hmm" Rubbing my hands over my sea green cotton kurta I made my way outside, my brother vishal took the privilege to ring the bell while I am clutching my whole existence together not to fall weak before my parents.
Our father krishna Murthy opened door, his cunning eyes didn't go unnoticed by me.

"Maa" I run towards the bedroom "Maa it's me, open the door" She opens the door instantly, her swollen face shook my stance and I fall into her arms. "What happened?" I question over her shoulder, her chokes had me pull back and bring her a glass of water. After calming her down I repeat the question.

"Recovery agents from bank came to our house this morning" She sniffs so I pull out a tissue paper from lower drawer and passed it to her then I held her shoulders trying to pass on my strength to her. "Your Atta (aunt) did take loan from bank few years back"

"How much?"

"20 lakhs"

"Saying what?"

"Education, the dead line ended months back, your atta and vadina(cousin) were not responding to the calls from bank and they are also not staying at home, this morning agents told us that your father is the first and only guarantee of them for loan" She sniff again "Now with interest it is 21 lakhs and your father is ready to pay them, he had given the check"
I stay calm "21 lakhs vyshu, what about your education, in a month he has to pay for your semester fee. So I put up a fight, I tried to call your atta by myself to ask why they are doing this to us but you..... Your father didn't let me. He slapped me on the cheeks, pulled my hair back and threw me on floor" I took her into my arms, she is shaking in sorrow.