Chapter 7 Are You Done?

What was Henry doing here?

Was this really a coincidence?

Henry saw Natalie. However, he acted as if he saw a complete stranger. He showed no emotions on his face and appeared rather cold.

It was better this way.

At least it was better than him causing Natalie any trouble.

Natalie quickly regained her composure. She greeted Trevor politely, “Nice to meet you, Mr. Costa. I’m—”

Before she could finish her sentence, she was interrupted.

“Since when did the charity gala become so unsophisticated that even a nobody was invited?”

Henry calmly put out his cigarette in the corner. Then, he looked at Natalie with a half–smile.

Natalie’s anger began to simmer. However, she had to maintain her composed demeanor in front of Trevor.

She asked calmly, “What do you mean by ‘unsophisticated‘? Who would you classify as sophisticated then, Mr. Chase? Would a pianist be considered sophisticated?”

The sarcasm in Natalie’s words couldn’t have been more obvious.

Henry’s expression instantly darkened.

It seemed like she just had a way of getting under his skin!

Trevor, who was sitting at a side, observed the two of them. He couldn’t help but ask, “Do you two know each other?”

“No, we don’t,” Natalie replied immediately.

A hint of coldness flashed across Henry’s gaze.

How could they not know each other?

Natalie’s confidence had truly soared!

She even chose to dress extra revealing today to attend this event!

Could it be that she was really taking this opportunity to find another suitor? Initially, Henry had planned to give her a way out. But from the looks of it now, there seemed to be no need for that at all.

Natalie’s alluring outfit caught Henry’s attention. It fueled the anger in his eyes.

She didn’t pay any further attention to him. Instead, she turned to look at Trevor. “Mr. Costa, I’m here to talk to you about the Creative Visions Competition. I hope to earn your recommendation.”

Natalie passed him the design sketches she had prepared.

“These are a few of the works I’ve created over the past few years. Please take a look at them. I hope you’ll consider giving me an opportunity. Thank you!”

Natalie looked at Trevor in an earnest and hopeful manner.

Whether or not she would get this opportunity depended entirely on Trevor’s

answer.

However, Trevor didn’t take her design sketches. Instead, he turned around to seek Henry’s opinion. “Mr. Chase, what do you think about this matter?”

Natalie’s heart dropped.

She’d be doomed if Henry turned out to be the ultimate decision maker.

Henry looked up and studied Natalie carefully. “You’re the one asking for help, so why aren’t you showing any sincerity at all?”

Natalie was well aware that Henry was intentionally making things difficult for her.