Lonely Hearts Club (April x Ramee)

main pairing: April x Ramee
word count: 2700 words
no warnings or anything— just something short and fluffy. third person Ramee POV. meet cute! happy late valentine's day <3

Ramee and April, both with freshly broken hearts, meet in a bar on Valentine's Day.

Lonely Hearts Club

Fucking Valentine's Day.

Stupid, commercialized, sickening, candy-coated holiday. Too much pink and too much glitter. Overpriced chocolates and overpriced flowers and overpriced everything.

And yet, Ramee had been prepared to brave the crowded supermarket and buy all of those things for Carmella, because he liked her.

She'd tutored him in pre-calc two semesters ago and then he'd asked her out. They'd gone on nearly a dozen dates and she'd sucked him off a few times while he'd gaped down at her with nothing in his brain except "Is this love?"

He'd been planning on asking her to make it official over dinner on Valentine's Day, which in retrospect was cheesy as fuck. But Ramee was nothing if not cheesy and even less if not a hopeless romantic.

Fucking sue him!

So of course he was disappointed when Carmella sat him down and told him that she'd met someone else and that she was breaking up with him. (Though he was mostly confused because he didn't even know you could break up with someone you weren't in a committed relationship with. Or, at least, he thought they were just in some sort of situationship... situation. Maybe he missed the memo. He wasn't the best at picking up on subtleties. He should have known a girl studying to be a doctor was too good to be true.)

He shrugged the thought off and tossed back the rest of his whiskey. At any rate, he was single again.

(Still? Whatever.)

Normally he wouldn't mind being single on Valentine's Day. Probably wouldn't have even noticed. But something about Carmella breaking it off just a week before and the fact that he'd been ready to go all-in with her made it sting a little, like sucking a lime wedge with a split lip.

He'd even gone so far as to ask his buddies if they wanted to go out for drinks, but they were all in "loving, committed relationships" (Not his words) and "had plans" on Valentine's Day.

So he'd gone alone. He'd bypassed all of the clubs and restaurants on and around the LSU campus and headed straight for The Grove, his beloved dive bar that smelled permanently like cigarette smoke, even though they hadn't allowed smoking indoors in probably twenty years. The regular crowd of patrons consisted of bikers, middle-aged couples, and people who had grown up in the area. It was the perfect place for Ramee to drink himself into a stupor and try to forget about Carmella.