The Marching Band Refused To Yield (April x Ramee)

main pairing: April x Ramee
word count: 16500
disclaimer / warning: mature scenes, sexual content. it's time for enemies to lovers in high school baby

When the school cuts funding for all of the performing art programs, the unofficial leader of the drama club April Fooze devises a plan to ambush the Homecoming Football game with the other performing art students.

Among the chaos comes another problem; the sarcastic, obnoxious, and insufferable captain of the football team, Ramee El-Rahman.

The Marching Band Refused to Yield

When April arrives at school, she immediately beelines to the back of the theater where Novah and Ray are waiting for her.

"April! You excited for today?"

"Hardly, I just want to know what the winter musical is so I can start rehearsing because we already know Mr. K has catered his choice based on me playing the lead." April responds to Novah, plopping down in the seat between the two.

"Don't be cocky." Ray pinches her arm and then turns back to her sketchbook.

April rolls her eyes, "Try denying it, not saying it's what I want, just what he has done since last year."

Novah chuckles, "Your Hope Caldwell will go down in history."

April scoffs, "Of all musicals, Mr. K picked Urinetown. I still can't believe we got through that nightmare."

Ray looks back up at them, "That was the worst three months of my life."

"The payoff was worth it. It was amazing. And Mr. K casting me as Officer Barrel and risking the integrity of the musical by casting a female in a tradition male role was fucking iconic." Novah beams.

"Will you ever stop talking about that?" Ray groans.

Novah gives her a smug smile, "Never."

Other students start to filter into the room, the bell about to ring signaling the first class of the year. April was blessed with getting homeroom with Mr. K, not that she had to fight for it, Mr. K loves her.

Mr. K rushes in after the bell rings. He looks stressed out, like always, and is shuffling papers that are in his hands. He gets to the front of the theater and hops up on the stage, sitting at the edge and letting his legs dangle off of it.

"Sorry I'm late, class! I know a lot of you are wondering what the winter musical will be. Some things we have to get out of the way and cover before we talk about that." He says, not even looking up to glance at the students.

He goes over roll, and gives the students in the front of the theater the syllabus to pass back. Technically it's homeroom, but everyone in the room is also in theater, so two birds one stone. April doesn't even glance at it. This will be her fourth year in his class, and the last three have been completely identical. Mr. K is pretty predictable.