Chapter Two

(!) ALARM
[WELCOME, PLAYER]

Jeongyeon's eyes shot open as she suddenly sat up from the hospital bed in a heaving mess. She looked around and was shocked to see that she was in a hospital not in that double dungeon. She clutched the fabric of the patient's clothe she wore, wondering why her heart is still beating.

A dream? Was it a dream?

The door to her room opened and she recognised them as part of the Hunter's Guild Inspectors of Korea. At least, that's what she tried to guess but it seemed that she was right when a man with orange hair approaches her.

"Are you finally awake now?" The man asked. "I'm sorry if we've surprised you. We're the Inspectors of the Korean Hunter's Guild."

"I could tell that..." Jeongyeon mumbled as she took the business card from him. "Um, is there a reason for seeing me right now?"

The man started explaining everything from the very start that is according to the information he had gathered with interrogating the remaining hunters that survived the double dungeon. Jeongyeon couldn't help being even more shocked when they mentioned (Y/n) saying that he stayed with her while she was asleep for three days straight.

"Wait, I was asleep for three days?!" Jeongyeon exclaims. "Actually, no, what happened to Miss Ju-hee and Mr. Song Chi-Yul? Are they safe?"

"Yes, they're safe but..." The man trails off, crossing his legs and his arms. "Hunter Song Chi-Yul's missing arm will impede his work from now on, so he may retire if he chooses to and as for Hunter Lee Ju-Hee... She's still getting treated due to her extreme trauma. It's uncertain if they will stay as hunters." He explained.

Jeongyeon nodded, understandingly. What happened in the double dungeon was terrifying, it was a miracle that six had survived including her. However, such a thing won't ever happen again. She was sure of that, all she thought about that time was one person.

(Y/n).

To think there was that huge chance that she will not see him ever again frightened her to the very core. She hasn't even told him about her true feelings so the chance that she wouldn't have the chance to do it, it scared her. After being told by everything and was evaluated, they left.

"They really can't see this, huh?" Jeongyeon mumbled as she looked at the pop-up tag in front of her.

(✉️) MESSAGE
-YOU HAVE UNREAD MAIL

Jeongyeon stood up and went to press it but the door suddenly opens to reveal her younger sister, Sung Jin-ah.

"Unnie, what are you doing?" Jin-ah asked. "You didn't hurt your head, did you? Anyways, didn't I tell you to stop getting injured? Do you know how worried I was!?" She berated.

Who's the older sister again? Jeongyeon smiled, fondly as Jin-ah continued to scold her. I can't believe that I almost left her behind as well...

"Anyways, (Y/n) Oppa was so worried about you the most." Jin-ah sighed. "You should've seen his face, he was a total wreck! To think you're always the cause of it! Aiyah, he didn't get a wink of sleep insisting that he should watch over you!" She scratched her head in a bit of frustration.

"He didn't sleep...?" Jeongyeon paled, hearing that (Y/n) sacrificing his healt in order to look out for is a huge no in her book considering that happened over the years they were together.

"Yeah, if I didn't forced him to do so. He would've collapsed already, you really need to stop making Oppa worry like that!" Jin-ah clicked her tongue in a disapproving manner. "Is this how you two are gonna be even when you get married? Gosh!"