5| A big surprise

"Today, I want you to sing the song I told you to practice" "Oh, that song?" "Yes and you'll be using that for the auditions" "Alright, here goes nothing"...

I gathered all my strength and took a deep breath. Let's hope I don't fail singing this song. Oh my god if I do, I'm gonna be so fucking mad. Alright, let's do this...

"Wait uhm Miss?" She waves her hand announcing to go on. " I was wondering if we can meet up somewhere instead of doing this online. That way you can listen to me more clearly and not have any technological problems while I'm singing. But of course if you want to, that is".

 "Hmmm... Alright. Let's meet in this park" My teacher said, sending me the address on my phone.

And with that, I quickly change into a more causal outfit, letting my brother know that i'm leaving. I take my purse and rush out the door, hopefully not missing the bus.

"Ok so we are going to this little park. Wait, why a park? Well, we're about to find out.." Telling myself, while stepping out of the bus and spotting the park.

I walk on the grass trying to spot my teacher.

"Hello there Miss Xiao!" "Hey Y/N, how are you?" I'm good thank you. Can I start right now?" Wait before you start singing, I want to take you somewhere" "Oh, ok".

She takes my hand and brings me to her car, gesturing to me to hop in. Without even thinking, I hop in. 

We drive for about 10 minutes. Ms. Xiao stops the car, with a big grin on her face, making me regret my decision to follow her. I step out of the car, right after noticing this ginormous looking building in front of me.

"I bought this beauty a while ago. I never had a student that signed up for singing lessons to audition to become a Kpop star. So, after I heard you say that I quickly renovated it so you can practice singing whenever you wanted too" "But I just wish I gave you this before knowing that tomorow is your auditions..." Miss Xiao said, in a guilty voice. 

"Oh my god. Miss Xiao... Thank you so much. And please, it's fine. Don't be sad. I'm just so thankful you did this for me. How can I ever repay you?" I said, in a teary voice.

"No need too repay me. I had a pleasure doing this for you. But promise me one thing, if they don't accept you this time, keep on trying and you can come here whenever you want to practice. The building is all yours. And I'm sorry if it's not too big".

"Miss it's perfect. Thank you so so much!!".

I walk inside, seeing a bunch of rooms with a lot of techno stuff. Of course, I didn't have a clue about what those were.

"Oh right. You probably don't know what any of this equipment is. Don't worry, I'll show you everything". 

As time passes by, Miss Xiao shows me a tour of the place. There were dance rooms, studios, a cafeteria (obviously not that big). It was like a singer's dream, right here.

Alright, now that you know how to use these, hope in the studio She said, pointing at one of the rooms.

I march in the room looking for the condenser mic. Miss Xiao gives me a thumbs up to start. With that, I gathered all my strength and took a deep breath. Let's hope I don't fail singing this song. Oh my god if I do, I'm gonna be so fucking mad. Alright, let's do this...

Yeah
Yeah

Something that I can't deny
처음 입을 순간
온몸이 느끼는 뭔가
Something that I can't explain
하지만 너무 특별해
눈을 감고서 집중해