Chapter nine

So here you guys go. Thank you for showing love on the previous chapters by voting and commenting. It means a lot.

Happy reading!

~~~

Author's POV

As Ishika mused, "This dinner is going to be interesting," the scene unfolded on the terrace.

Nitya approached Ishika, Siddhant, Rishi, and Divya, who were all sitting around the table. Nitya had a 'chabudai' table, which her mother had bought because she enjoyed unique furniture pieces. When Nitya relocated to Hyderabad, she brought it with her, foreseeing its usefulness, which indeed proved to be the case. They would always bring it out for gatherings and dine around it each time.

It wasn't very spacious, but it accommodated three people on each side comfortably. The setup was typical, except for the addition of an extra pillow on each side to accommodate the six people present.

Divya and Siddhant were seated together on one side. The space between them remained vacant as Rishi relocated beside Ishika, who occupied the seat opposite Siddhant.

Nitya stood behind Rishi, shooting him a glare that prompted him to look up at her. "What?" he questioned.

"You're in my seat!" she declared.

"And?" he retorted.

"And, move," she commanded.

"Why should I move? You can sit here," Rishi countered, gesturing towards the vacant seat beside him.

"Are you getting up or not?" she questioned through gritted teeth.

Rishi, irritated by her persistence, muttered a begrudging "fine" with clenched jaws, stood up, and made his way back to his previous seat, between Siddhant and Divya.

Nitya then turned to Ishika. "Sit here," she said, nodding towards the seat Rishi had vacated earlier.

Not wanting to upset her, Ishika complied and changed her seat. Meanwhile, the others sat quietly, observing the unfolding situation.

Nitya finally smiled and said, "Okay, guys. Let me introduce him." She gestured towards the person standing there, seemingly unfazed by the commotion. "This is Aryan Kapoor."

Divya immediately chimed in, "Hey Aryan!" Her voice dripping with sweetness, causing both Ishika and Nitya to roll their eyes in response.

Aryan simply nodded at her without sparing her a glance, then proceeded to sit beside Ishika and in front of Siddhant.

Siddhant remained seated, his face rigid with a cold expression. His fists clenched beneath the table as he watched Aryan take the seat beside Ishika. Siddhant couldn't help but regret not claiming that spot earlier when it was vacant.

To say he was jealous would be an understatement. Right now, he was burning with envy, so much so that even Rishi could sense the heat radiating from him.

Rishi's expression mirrored Siddhant's, equally cold and distant. Both men sat there, glaring at the newcomer who had captured the attention of the women.

As Nitya settled beside Ishika, they both began serving dinner. Siddhant couldn't contain his jealousy as he watched Ishika serve food to Aryan.

"Aap pehle chawal lenge ya roti?" Ishika asked Aryan softly.
(Will you have rice or roti first?)

Siddhant scoffed upon hearing her soft voice. 'She never talks so softly with me. Mere sath toh angry young woman ban jaati hai!' he thought.

Aryan gazed at her with a small smile. "Aap jo pehle dein vo kha lenge." (I'll eat whatever you give me first.)