Promise(s) - Yashasvi | Rohit | Virat

17/02/2024 - Ind vs Eng, 3rd Test, Day-3

"I don't want him to exhaust himself, Bhai. Let's call him back. He can go again if there's a need." Rohit expressed his concerns to Rahul Dravid.

"Yeah, but will he be alright with that?"

"Ask them to tell him Rohit bhaiya called him, I'll talk to him once he's back." Rohit reassured him.

______________________________

"Rohit bhaiyaaaaa, why did you have to do that? I could've played for a while longer." Yashasvi who just reached the dressing room started whining.

"Kiddo, I don't want you to risk an injury." Rohit tried to pacify him but he didn't look like he was going to be convinced.

"But I would've been alright in a while." Yashasvi continued to protest.

"You can go again tomorrow, Yash."

"No, I want to go today itself. Can I go after the next wicket, Bhaiya? Please?" he tried with an extra pleading face but Rohit was going to take none of it. His kid's safety comes before everything.

"And be the night-watchman? No! Trust your Bhaiya and get well soon, I promise that I'll send you to bat tomorrow." And that seemed to have done it for Yashasvi because he stopped sulking.

Rahul Dravid saw them both talking and called them to their side.

"You were supposed to be a bit more careful, Jaiswal." Dravid was reprimanding him while Vikram snickered in the background.

"I was, Bhai. I didn't hit too many risky boundaries now, did I?" Yashasvi asked him with an innocent face and Rohit joined Vikram in his silent laughs.

Dravid pulled out his notes and showed him all his risky shots. "Now what do you have to say?"

"I mean–" he shrugged, "It was Anderson."

"Exactly, which meant that you were supposed to be extra careful." Rahul Dravid said, shaking his head.

"I hit the boundaries because it was Anderson."

"Yashasvi Jaiswal, did Virat call you anytime recently?" Rohit cut in.

"Um.. Maybe." he smiled sheepishly.

"See, bhai! I knew it!" Rohit exclaimed.

"Yashasvi, you're not going to become more and more like your seniors with each passing day." Dravid chided him.

"Bhai! You can't be blaming us now. My kiddo hit so well. Cut him some slack and let him rest naa"

"Who do you think has been setting an example of hitting all those risky shots, Rohit?" Dravid gave him a side-eye.

"Yash, weren't you hungry, kiddo? Let's go and get you some food and drinks." Rohit steered Yashasvi away from their annoyed coach and he heard Vikram Rathore laugh, yet again.

Both Rohit and Yashasvi sat in front of the screen with the juice bottles in their hands. Just then, they replayed Yashasvi's century celebration.

"I'm pretty sure that jump was what caused you these back spasms, Yash." Rohit joked.

"Bhaiya, not you too. I already had the same thought and now you're making me feel guilty." Yashasvi grumbled.

"Alright, alright. Just be a bit more careful the next time. But not with your batting though." Rohit winked.

Both of them shared some more laughs until Yashasvi noticed something else in the replay. It was Rohit's celebration for Yashasvi's hundred and that made him feel warm. He was too busy in his celebration to notice that on field but now that he did, he couldn't help but smile more. His Bhaiya celebrated his century more than his own.