Chapter 2

The elevator opens up to the 40th floor.

An entire wall of this large carpeted room is made up of tinted glass windows that ran from ceiling to floor.  It offers a stunning view of the city's skyline. This space is filled with sounds of the telephones ringing quietly and the soft chatter of people who discuss business or their own private matters.

A bag. A water bottle. An accordion folder. Your lunch. All your personal belongings hit the table carelessly as you settle into work.

"Sheesh." Utahime's head appears above the wall that separated your cubicles and the girl peers down at you. The loud thuds from behind the panel peaked her curiosity, "Someone got off on the wrong side of the bed today."

Shoko's head then appears from another adjacent cubicle, "Good morning, Y/N."

"I'm tired. Leave me alone." Your arms went up for a deep stretch and you had yawned before responding to Utahime. Then you acknowledge Shoko, "Morning."

Shoko's head goes back down and she disappears behind the panel.

"Tired?" Utahime makes a face. The three of you didn't leave particularly late from last nights dinner.

"Had a hot date last night." You say with intended amusement and hoping to incite some feelings into the girl.

"What?!" She's surprised but yet she somewhat isn't, "With who??"

"My hand." You say in jest.

You hear Shoko's stifled giggling through the wall.

And Utahime Iori deadpans. Her sarcastic tone lets you know that she's not impressed, "Very funny."

"Best massage ever." You continue to joke inappropriately and it sends Utahime back down into her seat and out of your view.

Yaga Masamichi comes to stand outside of your partially enclosed workspace. You assume he's here on behalf of the sports segment like he always is at the start of every morning shift. And the man definitely is, "Who is it today?"

Utahime and Shoko both point at you from their personal boxes but you don't see it.

"Again, huh?" Yaga almost laughs. It's always you that they sacrifice.

"What do you mean?" You're confused.

But Yaga doesn't explain. Time is of the essence here, "Landed an exclusive interview with one of the team coaches. I need you down there now."

You groan. You hated anything to do with the sports section. You try to delay, "I just got here."

"Now." He reiterates. The sound of potential consequence etched in his voice (if you refuse) was enough to make you comply.

"Yes, sir." You salute (to be funny) and your eyes roll inconspicuously as you gather some things you'll need to take with you. In the most tepid manner, you saunter towards the elevator with Yaga following swiftly behind you.

The man doesn't step in but just as the doors are closing, he says, "Oh, I forgot to mention. I hired 3 new workers. I'll need you to give them a briefing when you get back."

"