Part 7

We got inside the house and it smelt like a cat was being cooked. I wonder what Inkosingiphile is doing yaz...
Sbusiso was pushing the babies on their stroller.

Sbusiso: "Hamban' la? (What's going on here?)"

We followed the smell and it led us to the kitchen and yoh it smelt even worse I almost puked. I took  the stroller and ran out with the babies while Sbusiso is looking for his wife.

(In Inkosingiphile's bedroom,narrated)

Her: "My love, you're back, I cooked something special for you..."

Him: "For me to die?"

Her: "No, I wouldn't do that I just to spoil my husband."

Him: "By cooking? Since when do you cook,cos I'm sure that you burn water."

Her: "Hawu mara,did you taste it already? Was it that bad?"

Him: "The smell is so bad I won't  even open the pot, even Nozibusiso almost puked, now she's outside with my newborn babies because she doesn't want my babies to get ill because of that stinking thing you call cooking,what did you cook in there anyway, a cat or a mouse?"

Her: "Newborn What?"

Him: "Yeah,that's right Nozibusiso and I were blessed with twins (he paused for a second) they are so cute..."

Before he could finish his sentence, Phile threw a mean punch at him, he quickly picked her up and held her against the wall.

Him: "What do you think you're doing? You beat men now?"

Her: " LET GO OF ME YOU SON OF A BITCH, AFTER ALL THAT I DID FOR,YOU DECIDE TO BETRAY ME LIKE THAT! HOW COULD YOU HUH? (she was now crying loudly)

Him: "First of all, never I mean ever, raise your voice at me, I am not your friend and I'll never be. Secondly, I didn't betray you in any way because Nozibusiso is my wife and I get to do whatever I want to do with her, it's not like I cheated on you or owe you anything. Thirdly, didn't I ask for a baby from you and you told me about your perfect body and skin, didn't you complain about your busy lifestyle and didn't I respect your wishes? Now that I found a wife that can give me two of them,you're complaining. Don't disrespect me wena I'm not your friend and I'll never be,now go and clean that mess that you made down there... I'll take Nozibusiso to the house in section B for the night and we'll come back tomorrow." He said calmly but sternly.

*Meanwhile in the backyard, Nozibusiso is with Phephe and her grandma, they're admiring the babies*

Nozibusiso

Phephe: "U ba yebe 'phi?(where did you steal them)."

Me: "Ngi ba thengile, angi yebi mina.(I bought them,I don't steal)" I was a bit confused as to why would she say I stole them, I looked at her grandma but she also seemed as confused and as clueless as I am.

Phepe: "uPromise batjho wena uyeba abantwana (Promise says that yku steal kids)." She said as if it was not a big deal.

Promise is her mom,she calls her that because she is young and she said she doesn't wanna seem old,being called mama. Mind you she's still in matric with a four year old child(she had a child while in grade 9, failed and repeated grade 10).

I looked at her grandma but she also seemed as clueless as I am.

Gogo: "Uphi u Promise?(where is Promise)"

Phephe: "(rubs her head) ngi'khohliwe (I forgot) *shrugs her shoulders*"

Me: "it's okay ma." I smile faintly.

I received a text from Sbusiso,saying I should come to the car,we're leaving. He did this because he was avoiding to greet the neighbors and he knew that Phephe would keep him talking. I bid my farewells and pushed my babies to the car. I got in,positioned the babies on their car seats and we drove off with comfortable silence.

*Upon arrival*

It only took three minutes to get here because section C and section B aren't that far apart. The house is a bond house, 3 bedrooms,1 bathroom,kitchen and living room. Thank God the gate is electronic plus there's no loadshedding.

My babies are so chilled they're not crying,they just love sleeping im my arms. I place them on the bed while preparing their cot for them. After that I place them on their cot and leave the room with the baby monitor.

I am now in the kitchen,having a snack while going through my socials. I don't know where Sbusiso went but he's also a husband to another woman so I don't even want to bother him. Afrer my snack I started with preparing dinner because I was craving for a large king-sized feast. After cooking I went to take a quick shower and my babies woke up. I gave them their formula milk,burped them,bathed them and they fell asleep again,I have really lazy babies.

I set the table,dushed up for myself,said grace and started digging in. Sbusiso came in as I was having desert and ge looked drained,he didn't talk so I didn't ask him anything cause I don't wanna be a nuisance. I went to the bathroom and prepared water for him to bath. I let him know that the water is ready and he insisted that I get in the bath with him,after a little argument which he won,I got in the bath with him and the rest is history...