one

Connor's POV
I rolled over and turned of my alarm slightly grumpy slightly excited. It was 4am, my flight left for Dubai in 2 hours and I'd barely packed a thing. Though I had bought an apartment, and been to Madrid briefly I wasn't exactly excited to be getting on a flight so early in the morning.
You could say that I'm not a morning person. Hopefully Madrid doesn't do early sessions like Melbourne City. Finally ripping myself out of bed I took a 2 minute cold shower and got out dressing in some black sweatpants and sweatshirt. Walking out the door at 04:30.

The airport was quiet in the morning and I liked that, everytime I got to fly somewhere I'd feel at home and at peace. There weren't many people here just a few I assumed would also be in my own flight. I sat in the International Terminal Food Court pondering a bit on my phone playing candy crush. I got up looking around as a breakfast shop opened up. Passing the cashier a ten dollar note as they passed me some pastries. As I took a bite it crumbled a little down my front and I brushed it off my black shirt.

Boarding had just been called for my flight so dawdled my way down to the gate, it was still only 6am. Luckily I was able to get a business class seat making the next 12 hours to Dubai less painful. Along with that I was trying to not remind myself of the impending jet lag and then the two other flights I'd have to catch before I finally arrive in Madrid. Getting to the business class line and finding my seat on the plane. I went to go put my bag up in the overhead bins until a tall and somewhat large man in the seat in front of me put his bag in first. I asked him to move it as I didn't have any space for my cary on and he looked at me like I was some mole rat. If it hadn't been so early in the morning I'd probably have a go at him but after some hesitation he moved his bag and we sat down in our respective seats without any further conversation.

I was able to see the engines and wings of the plane which made me feel better about myself. I liked flying but sometimes it daunted me a bit. I My phone buzzed and I looked at it. It was my Mum.

Unknown Number: Have a safe flight

I'd had a falling out with her years ago, because she was an alcoholic and abusive to me and my siblings. Ever since I could have sworn I had blocked her, but every now and again I'd unblock her number to try and get in touch again. It never would work out. So I guessed I must've forgotten to block her again.

It was kind of nerve racking for me, that she knew right now I was on a plane flying across the world. I hadn't told her much about it, barely spoken to her in years and yet because of how well known I'd become to so many people here I was being somewhat stalked by my own mother. I also had messages from the rest of my family, my dad, my older brother Kean, and my younger sister Camille. The three of us had a really close relationship because of what we went through as kids. Kean and I were really protective of Cam.

Kean: Have a good flight, call us when you land.

Connor: Okay

People crowded onto the plane as I put on my headphones and plugged in my phone, It was still only around 6:30 and I was tired and sleepy not wanting to do much at all. Everyone finally found their seats and then the safety videos played on the screens. I payed minimal attention to it and continued staring out the window to the sun the was slowly rising outside. The plane taxied to the runway and I closed my eyes listening to my music. It took off smoothly and began its journey to Dubai.

I was thinking about the new club I'd just signed for. Real Madrid. So many great players had played there, so many respected players. And yet here they were signing me. A player who'd only ever played in the A-Leagues, would I ever be good enough?

I knew I was good it was true. I knew I could do it, I knew this was where I was meant to be. I knew this was what I had to do.

I opened my eyes again. The sun had just started to rise outside my window. It put my position into another perspective. This would be the last sunrise I'd see in Australia for a while. I was moving to a new country where they spoke a different language, I didn't know anyone. Never met many people there. I was basically starting my life over.